Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from delaware. That large suburb south of philly.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from delaware. That large suburb south of philly.

Well, new to the whole smoking thing. I've always been a big griller, so this seemed the next step to kick up my bbq. I feel as if there are two time periods in this year that I've been using my smoker, before ar.com and after. Before there was inedible smoked (way too much smoke) chicken, and less than stellar 3-2-1 ribs. Now while I do kinda pride myself on my rubs, brines, and marinades, this site has the technical knowledge that was lacking everywhere else. Seems like a lot of those "smoking" cookbooks leave things out on purpose. So, after realizing how much i was using this site, decided to join the pitmaster club. So hopefully I will be able to share in my trials and tribulations of a fairly new smoker, and all that that entails. I'm already planning on modifying my smoker, and taking on full brisket.

Welcome to The Pit Phil! When you have a moment, check out my Welcome letter and tips topics, which will help you complete your signature (Tip#1). They're here and here.

Comment

Hey there Phil. Looking forward to some pics of the mods and food! WELCOME

Comment

Hi Phil!! Welcome, you are going to like it here so jump in and enjoy!!

Comment

Howdy neighbor - depending on where in DE you are. I'm in West Chester, PA, just down the road from Wilmington. Living near the home of cheesesteak and soft pretzel fanatics, we may not have great BBQ joints to eat at or even as much local access to grill/BBQ equipment, but that doesn't stop us from churning out our own good Q, does it.

Comment

I'm not too far from you, the Newark area. I know what you mean about being limited when it comes to bbq. Fortunately, i am actually starting to get a pretty consistent legit pulled pork.

Comment

Welcome Phil! I'm a little late to the party but I like to make fashionable entrances. Sometimes I twirl.

Comment

Originally posted by The Burn View Post
                Howdy neighbor - depending on where in DE you are. I'm in West Chester, PA, just down the road from Wilmington. Living near the home of cheesesteak and soft pretzel fanatics, we may not have great BBQ joints to eat at or even as much local access to grill/BBQ equipment, but that doesn't stop us from churning out our own good Q, does it.
                I was born in West Chester, live in York now.

Now that I'm thinking about West Chester - I think I need to get myself back over there for a Jimmy John's hot dog (the REAL Jimmy John's - not the chain sandwich shop of the same name). I thought I saw they had a fire a few years back, hopefully they've re-opened by now. Not really BBQ-related, but takes me way back to when I was in grade school and my dad would take me if I got all A's on my report card.

Comment

• PhilEStake
                  PhilEStake commented
                  Editing a comment
                  you can enjoy a jimmy john's with out the drive. After the fire, i was worried that they wouldn't ever rebuild. So after a lot of research I found out that their special frankfurters are dietz and watson knockwurst. Boil it, and put it on a schmidts potato roll, and you are good to go.

• jholmgren
                  jholmgren commented
                  Editing a comment
                  O.M.G. I think I'll be stopping at the local grocery store tonight to look for D&W knockwurst. THANKS!!!!

• Paulie Brisket
                  Paulie Brisket commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Just wanted to jump in and wave my hat at the fellow West Chester Pennsylvanian's! Grew up on Westtown rd just down the street from the current owners of Jimmy John's.

welcome from sunny California, you will love this part of the site the information is great and the people are better.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here