Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just joined up from Tulsa, Ok

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just joined up from Tulsa, Ok

Hello Everyone!
    Meathead's book has become my Q-Bible (bought it several years ago actually) and I have learned about all the things I been doing wrong all these years.
    My Daddy always told me "Son don't ever put salt on meat before you grill it or it will be tough as an old shoe".
    So, for the last 40 years I ate shoes, now I know better, sorry Dad but I got you on this one.
    I have also jumped head long into Sous-Vide-Q and in a word WWOOWW!!!

My first grill was a Brinkman Pit Master and after reading the section on grill tune-ups, I started down the true path of fine grilling experience. That grill got used so much I burned the fire box out of it and decided to get a new grill. I searched the world over for a new grill and decided to build what I wanted. The result is the picture that is attached.
    Thanks to all that were involved in the writing and publication of his book and great web site, they continue to be a great inspiration and go-to resource.

Mark

Attached Files

Wow, Mark, great intro and build!! And howdy from The Great State of Jefferson!!

Comment

Welcome from Wisconsin. Glad you could join us!
      I sure would like to see a picture tour of that cooker you got there. Looks to me like it will do everything but mow the grass for you.

Comment

Wow, nice building skills! I am just north of you in Bartlesville. Welcome to The Pit!

Comment

Welcome from Chicagoland. That is one fine looking build you have there.

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Holy Smokers, Batman!! Looks great! Love to get to see inside. Maybe you can give us a "tour". Welcome from Da LBC!

Comment

Wow! That is a grill? Does it have a motor in it? Do you have to regularly clean the windshield? Welcome, eat good & have fun!

Comment

Welcome from Colorado, Mark …

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit. You will fit right in.

Comment

Welcome from Western Massachusetts.

Comment

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Great intro and awesome looking cooker! Welcome to The Pit from Indy!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here