Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello everyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone

Hi all! Just joined today but have been reading the site for several years. I've learned a lot from several places but this is my goto for all things grilling/smoking. I started with a cheap offset many years ago and as it started to fall apart I moved up to a 22" Weber kettle that I'd always looked at. Couple that with a Slow-n-Sear and that makes up my gear currently. I do miss the capacity of the offset but I don't find myself cooking for a large crowd too much so its ok.

I've become very familiar with doing spare ribs or baby back ribs and those have been my favorite item to do. A couple of weeks ago I finally braved the notion of doing a brisket and found a relatively small one for the wife and I at Sam's. I was a bit concerned at how it would turn out but it only took around 6 hours or so (with foiling to get through the stall). It turned out great! Last weekend I did another one and was going to skip the foil, but ended up adding some to speed things up in the last hour as I realized I should've started sooner.

Today I picked up a whole packer brisket and will do the trimming myself. I'm going to give a go at the corned beef and then following that up with some pastrami! I've come to quickly realize I should've tried the brisket a long time ago as it is quickly moved up to the top of my favorites list!

Hope to still learn a lot of new things here and looking forward to continuing improving my skills!

Mark

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!

Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

I originally also hail from MO, th Muhzurrah part, an have some passin degree of familiarity with Weber kettles, an th SnS...
        Last edited by Mr. Bones; August 18, 2021, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta.

Comment

Welcome from Farmville, Va...

Comment

Welcome from Colorado, Mark …

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas, Texas!

Comment

Welcome from Western Massachusetts.

Comment

Welcome from Wisconsin!!
                    Hope your stay is long and all cooks are good

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Leftover brisket has many uses. It will take chili to another level, and is great in tacos too, and on and on...

Comment

• kizeroy
                        kizeroy commented
                        Editing a comment
                        The first one we did stuffed poblano peppers with some brisket and cheese. The second one we did soft tacos with the left over meat. Both were awesome!

Greetings and welcome from North Carolina.

Comment

Welcome from Wisconsin. Glad you could join us!

Comment

Yup,his sure is the goto place fer cookin with fire. Be cool to have some pics of that brisket ya cook. Welcome, eat good and have fun!
                          Last edited by FireMan; August 18, 2021, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here