Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Refiring my pit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Refiring my pit

I’m a long time BBQ enthusiast that let my pit go cold for a few years. My daughter graduated college, cancer took my wife and a close group of friends moved out of state. This summer I dumped my big pellet grill. I went old school to a Weber kettle. I also went new school with a souse vide setup. I’m finding the pellet grill was convenient, but the BBQ was lack luster. I’m also finding the kettle as a perfect backyard cooker. I’m enjoying the simplicity and complexity of kettle grilling and BBQ. I’m also deeply intrigued by sous vide que. I look forward to pouring through these pages and trying new things.

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas, Texas!

Comment

Howdy from The Great State of Jefferson!!

Comment

U landed in the right spot,,,,,
        BBQ entertainment and education,,,,,
        welcome to the Pit

Comment

Welcome from Northern Illinois! I do most of my smoking on a Weber Kettle as well, a recently received a sous vide as a gift, so am pretty new to that too.

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

StrikeBBQ glad to have you onboard! I've been smoking for a lot of years too, but joining the Pitmaster Club a few years ago allowed me to really up my game.

I have an offset smoker, but find that I do almost all my smoking on a Weber Kettle with the Slow 'N Sear these days, or on the SNS Kamado I won in the January Great Giveaway here in the Pitmaster Club. It's just so much more convenient and controllable. I can get 8-12 hours hands off with the kettle or kamado, and while I wanted a pellet smoker at one time, I'm hands off enough now to where I don't see it buying me much of anything. And there is something about a charcoal and wood fire that just gives so much flavor.

I am so sorry to hear about your wife. My condolences to you and your family.

Comment

Welcome from Chicagoland.

Comment

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Welcome from north Texas. Glad you’re here. Enjoy the Pit. And it’s hard to beat a kettle.

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta.

Comment

Welcome. I've got a kettle as well and it's hard to justify much else, really. Smoked a brisket point the other day, grilled chicken breast last night....not a lot you can't do on it.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit. You have a great cooker and there are lots of accessories to make it even better.

Comment

Old school is cool! Welcome, eat good & have fun!

Comment

Welcome from St. Cloud, FL.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here