Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

just signed up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just signed up

Hey all. I dug my old Portable Kitchen grill out the other day from behind the shed. Inherited from my wife's grandfather from the 50s or 60s. Been playing around with it for years on and mostly off. I just found your website a couple days ago and signed right up. Great info. I'm hoping to shoot some blue grouse this season to cook up, till then it's last year's elk steaks. So far so good following your advice. Thanks much.

WELCOME

Love to see some pics of that vintage PK for sure.
    Last edited by Jon Solberg; September 3, 2015, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Welcome Aboard cnbnjntn

Comment

Welcome to the Pit, I had to switch to your profile page to see where you were finding all of those exotic game species! You will find a world of info here and the members are happy to share, Dan

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	pk.JPG
Views:	122
Size:	205.4 KB
ID:	106862

Thanks for replies and hellos. cn.

Comment

WOW!!! Look at that old rig!!! That baby is saweeeet!! Happy to have you here. Keep the pics coming brother.

Comment

NICE old PK!!!

Comment

Welcome. Nice kitchen. Back when metal was metal, and built for a lifetime .

Comment

Welcome to the PIT. Nice vintage PK. I'm sure you will do your wife's grandfather proud. Elk steak sounds delicious. I've had dear roasts, bear and moose, but not grilled or smoked. I wonder what "Rocky Mt. Oisters" taste like smoked? Need more pics.

Comment

I'm curious what I've got here if anyone recognizes it. Same size as a Smokey Joe. The legs are spring loaded and fold up underneath. The two air vents besides the silver slider on the lid are on the sides above the fire -- would that be better or worse than underneath as with the Baby Weber? No brand or info on it anywhere I can see. And sorry that the picture's sideways, I'm curious about that too. Click image for larger version

Name:	space grill.JPG
Views:	108
Size:	203.8 KB
ID:	107116

Comment

Welcome to the Pit cnbnjntn .. Nice to actually see a vintage PK. That's a jewel.😎

Comment

Belated welcome to The Pit cnbnjntn! You'll fit in nicely here, thanks for the support!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome, now that old rig looks like it can handle some serious cooking and made out of some real metal not tin plate.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here