Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another New Guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another New Guy

Hello everyone! New guy Alert. I am not "new to BBQ" have been smoking on a drum style water smoker for 30 years, My last one finally fell apart and I splurged and bought the OK Joe's Bronco. Now trying to learn to do it all over and struggling. (plus wife wants me to learn Western N. Carolina style instead of my normal Texas style) So far the drum is winning. Here to learn and hopefully get the fun back in it.

Welcome! The OKJ Bronco is a great choice!

What are your issues? We can help get you up that learning curve!

Comment

• CaptGreg
      CaptGreg commented
      Editing a comment
      just posted a small book on post 16

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota.

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta.

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Carolina style, barbecue sauce is vinegar and mustard based.
            BBQ is time+Tamp+smoke.
            Problem solved. LOL, I'm so helpful.

Hello from NW Oregon.

Comment

• CaptGreg
              CaptGreg commented
              Editing a comment
              lol i wish it was that easy

• Jared49
              Jared49 commented
              Editing a comment
              By the times the guys in here get through with you, it’ll be that easy!!!

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas, Texas! Uncle Bob should be able to help.

Comment

Welcome from Wisconsin. Glad you could join us!
              Just so happens there is a whole channel just for your cooker. There are a lot of great guides, tips, and tricks there. I have also seen it said that there is enough crossover between the Bronco and the Pit Barrel that much of the information for one applies to the other. You can find the PBC channel here.

Comment

• Panhead John
                Panhead John commented
                Editing a comment
                Great answer!

• CaptGreg
                CaptGreg commented
                Editing a comment
                been reading already

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Howdy from The Great State of Jefferson, fellow Capitan! What are/were you a captain of, if you don't mind my asking? Fire Captain here (actually retired as a Battalion Chief, but being a FC was the best job I ever had, never should have allowed myself to be coerced into promoting!!!). Welcome to the Pitmaster Club!!

Comment

• CaptGreg
                  CaptGreg commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Charter Boat/ Delivery Capt./ small coastal freighters

• CaptainMike
                  CaptainMike commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Fantastic!! I must tell you the tale of when I was the Captain of a rusty old square rigger that sailed through The Straits of Central Siberia in the winter of aught two. Most considered the trip foolhardy, but I and my cast of freaks on The Ship of Fools were undaunted by the task. In fact, we were merrily traversing the Straits when I suddenly sensed a subtle, but very noticeable wind shift. I shouted to the lads (and bearded ladies) to heave to!! for suddenly appeared on the horizon was...

Welcome from Colorado …

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome and glad to have you here. Tons of great information and wonderful helpful folks around this place.

Comment

Welcome to the pit Captain Greg, we’re glad to have ya. Your days of struggling with the OJ Bronco should be over soon. There’s several of us here who have one and we all love it! Any questions or problems you have, let us know. As mentioned above there’s a whole channel here dedicated to that cooker. (and a lot more) One thing I found after I joined last year, the folks here are happy to help and respond quickly. Have fun!
                      Last edited by Panhead John; July 28, 2021, 07:00 PM.

Comment

• CaptGreg
                        CaptGreg commented
                        Editing a comment
                        just posted a small book on post 16

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here