Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Gas Grill Owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Gas Grill Owner

Hello from Seattle! I just purchased a new Weber Spirit natural gas grill and got the Meathead book for some grilling guidance. I've never had a gas grill (other than the ones provided at various apartment complexes I've lived) before but have had a Weber kettle for awhile that I pretty much only used to heat up hot dogs and brats. My first goal is to perfect the grilled cheeseburger on the gas grill. However, I've been inspired by Meathead to experiment with smoking on my kettle. Looking forward to learning from you all!

Welcome to the Pit. Sounds like you should have a good combo there to really get that hobby rolling. If/when you are ready to spend more money on your new hobby, you might look at the Slow 'n Sear for the kettle if you're going to try smoking. There's a number of ways to smoke on the kettle without it, but the SnS can make it a lot easier and more enjoyable.

Making backyard barbecue easier than ever with our Slow ‘N Sear® kettle grill inserts!

Either way, fire em up, cook a bunch of food and take some pics to share with us all.

Comment

• JBright
      JBright commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! I'll have to look into those.

Welcome from TN. Congrats on the new grill. These guys will have you making stuff you never imagined before you know it.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Alabama! Glad to have you onboard. You've got a great combination in the Weber Spirit and kettle, and should be able to smoke or grill just about anything. I do a lot of smoked meats on my 22" kettle - Boston butts for pulled pork, whole and half chickens, ribs, and briskets up to about 18-20 pounds. For Thanksgiving I rotisseries a 20 pound turkey, and it was the best ever. Can't beat the kettles. I love my Weber gas grills but there is just something about the taste of charcoal and smoke...

Comment

• JBright
        JBright commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks! I think I'm going to start with smoking pulled pork...seems to be the most forgiving? I'll let you know how it goes! Are you a Roll Tide or a War Eagle man?

• jfmorris
        jfmorris commented
        Editing a comment
        JBright neither! I hail from Georgia, so root for the Bulldogs over both Alabama and Auburn. I'll then root for Auburn over Alabama, since that is the only school in this state I might have gone to, then Alabama over anyone else. How's that for loyalty, haha?

Pulled pork is about the most forgiving thing to smoke for sure. It will take a while, and depending on how you setup the kettle for smoking, you will likely need to refuel at some point.

Welcome to the pit from the bbq capital of New England, Massachusetts. After a short time you won't be able to walk through a grocery store without wondering how you can grill or smoke every item you just looked at.

Comment

Welcome from Colorado …

Comment

Welcome from Chicagoland. Enjoy your purchase. Have fun experimenting with smoking. You'll soon love your results.

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Hello from NW Oregon,
                Happy grilling cheeseburger to you and PBR too.

Comment

Welcome from Maryland.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas, Texas!

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota. Enjoy your New Weber Spirit and Meathead's Book!

Comment

And it's great weather to be cooking (Around 80F for those of you not here). You can smoke a ton of stuff well on a kettle and the gasser will be really nice for quicker things like burgers, steaks, etc). Just ask if you have questions, but MH's book will give you a ton of stuff to absorb already.

Comment

welcome, nice to meet you

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here