Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from the Cayman Islands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from the Cayman Islands

Hi, I am from California, have lived in North Carolina and now live in Grand Cayman. I have been on the site now and again for a couple of years, but recently loads more as I am getting "new grill" fever". So, I have been browsing through all the reviews and dreaming about what I'll cook once the new grill is chosen. I love BBQ and grilling and feel like I need the convenience of a gas grill that can be pressed into service as an occasional smoker to do BBQ. Looking at a Weber and am getting sucked into all the bells and whistles. Sear burner, rotisserie, (the Summit has a smoke box built in). The cheaper smaller Spirit seems to get batter ratings on Consumer Reports though. Many questions here, but first, is do we care what Consumer Reports says about grills? I have my eye on the Summit 400 series and they just don't love it.

Hi RacerX Welcome Aboard

Comment

Hi RacerX. Welcome to the pit! I would use CR as a jumping off point otpr point of reference. I would weigh the advice here heavily since these folks are BBQ aficionados. If you can see if the grill in question was reviewed at AR. See who posts here. Have fun picking & grilling.

Comment

Racer... here is a good feature in AR, you should read through whenever you are wonder about a Smoker or Grill...
        Reviews, Ratings, And Buying Guides

personally I would go here before Consumer Reports... just sayin.

Forbes called us "the top website devoted to in-depth grill reviews." Our team of professional reviewers is hard at work finding the best and worst grills, smokers, thermometers, tools, accessories, artisan foods, and books for you.

Comment

• RacerX
          RacerX commented
          Editing a comment
          Looked over the AR review which look good for the Weber 470 and I want all the features so I think I am getting more comfortable with the decision.

Welcome and thanks for the support.

You in hurricane alley, wowzers....

Comment

• RacerX
          RacerX commented
          Editing a comment
          so far so good this year. Finger's crossed.

• Jerod Broussard
          Jerod Broussard commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah RacerX thank you El Nino

RacerX Welcome to the Pit!!! Tell me your do some diving down there. I love Cayman Brac, although Grand Cayman isn't a bad place to blow a few bubbles either.

Comment

• RacerX
          RacerX commented
          Editing a comment
          Spinnaker, I was diving professionally here for 7 years. Just dive for fun now...

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          RacerX No kidding, what kind of diving were you doing professionally? I'd like to get my advanced open water and Nitorx Cert on my next trip in April. If I could do one thing the rest of my life, it would be diving, hands down. I keep telling myself that the reason I go to work everyday is that one day, I can have a place down there. So envious of you brother!!

• RacerX
          RacerX commented
          Editing a comment
          I was leading recreational divers on local trips. Great fun, but I outgrew it. Still a serious hobby though

welcome to the pit fellow Californian and enjoy check out pellet cookers convenience and taste a couple of grill grates and sear you way to heaven ENOY!!!

Comment

• RacerX
          RacerX commented
          Editing a comment
          So with a pellet you can still grill effectively and get a good sear?

• Papa Bob
          Papa Bob commented
          Editing a comment
          sorry so long before reply not a computer guy yes you can with grill grates also for those steak or shrimp nights a weber kettle is an inexpensive way to go for an add on I am not a fan of gassers I guess I'm kind of a snob but you can get the convenience and taste with a pellet and also a real good smoker to boot just an opinion and everyone has one

WELCOME!

Comment

Belated welcome to The Pit RacerX ! What a cool place to live!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome to the Club RacerX!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here