Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just joined

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just joined

Hi, I’ve been visiting this site quite a lot over the lockdown and figured it was time I should join

I’m smoking with a Bradley (don’t love it - more consistent success with practice - but what a PITA to clean up after.)

Grilling with a Weber Genesis that I got for turning fifty (too long ago)

Really into making sausages. Totally agree the comments about how useless the kitchen aid is at stuffing, so looking for suggested alternatives. Mostly making British style "bangers" being from the UK originally. Cumberland and Lincolnshire sausages a favorite. Also been experimenting and getting pretty hyped on making merguez.

Some people here have pretty impressive knife collections. Mine is “workmanlike and eclectic . . .

Welcome from the California Delta.

Comment

Welcome.

Comment

Well come to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome from Western Massachusetts.

Comment

Welcome from Wisconsin. Glad you could join us!

Comment

Welcome!

I actually spent a lot time looking at sausage stuffers recently. I thought the best quality ones were from LEM and Westons. They have a lot of different sizes to suit your quantity needs and are very well built. Amazon will sometimes carry the same models much cheaper than the manufacturer website.

i just posted a pic of the LEM grinder I bought and I am impressed! The KA grinder is just such a horrible introduction to sausage making and really doesn’t make the experience enjoyable.
                  Last edited by STEbbq; July 10, 2021, 03:38 PM.

Comment

• Standrean
                    Standrean commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Really appreciate the advice, thanks so much

• STEbbq
                    STEbbq commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Keep in mind that you may want a separate grinder and stuffer. LEM and Westons are still good places to start!

Welcome from Northwest Montana.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas, Texas!

Comment

welcome from Oregon

Comment

Howdy from The Great State of Jefferson!

Comment

Welcome from California!

MeatYourMaker.com makes some sausage stuffers. I don’t have a stuffer, but have their meat grinder and vacuum sealer and love both.

Comment

• Standrean
                            Standrean commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Thanks so much for the tip

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here