Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

From the Pacific Northwest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From the Pacific Northwest

Hey guys, I just purchased meatheads book so I’m redeeming the coupon for the club. I have a 26” Weber kettle as well as a pbc. I started bbqing about 10 years ago with a few hiatuses in between. Everything I’ve learned of outdoor cooking has mainly derived from amazingribs.com so I am grateful. I’m currently testing out different charcoal (I’m about to use b&b briquettes) from using lump. I’m also still trying to perfect the brisket. I’ve been using Jeremy Yoder’s brisket method (mad scientist bbq) in which you wait for the fat cap to complete render to gelatin before you wrap. I’ve yet to be successful. Can’t wait to meet everyone!

Welcome from Colorado … nice couple of cookers you’ve got there …

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Are you leaving the entire fat cap? Most here trim all but about 1/4" before cooking. Most don't want to eat that much fat anyway, and if your rub is on top of the fat cap, people will lose it when they get rid of the excess fat.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas, Texas!

Comment

Greetings and welcome from North Carolina.

Comment

Welcome aboard! I'm from Western WA myself. Like you, I learned a lot from AmazingRibs, then joined the Pit when it was launched way back when. And what I've learned here has taken my BBQ game to a whole new level. Plus made some great friends!

on the brisket front, I can't help with Jeremy Yoder's method, never read about it or tried it. However, my own method might be helpful to you. I borrow heavily from Aaron Franklin and Meathead, and then refined over the years to this method. I find that it consistently turns out really solid brisket.

Comment

welcome from Snoqualmie Wa.

Comment

Hello from NW Oregon

Comment

Welcome from Northern Illinois

Comment

Welcome from Western Massachusetts.

Comment

Welcome from Northwest Montana.

Comment

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Welcome from north Texas. Nice cookers. You’ll have a lot of fun here.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here