Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

just joined

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just joined

new to Pitmaster, inexpe3rienced but willing to try, highly recommended by a friend. looking for a new grill and accepting suggestions. lets get grilling

Welcome to the Pit from the California Delta. We can help but narrow the field down a bit. Budget, # of people you will be cooking for, gas, charcoal, pellet, stick burner? It's a big question.

Comment

used gas in the past but open to trying other method (heard that pellets are good. cooking for 4-6. budget to $1,000. sending this from east coast of canada

Comment

I suggest a Traeger Pellet grill. Set it and forget it, wifi.
        Hello from NW Oregon.

Comment

Welcome from Oz, you will like it here.
          That's a broad question that will get a broad range of suggestions here mate.
          I like offsets but some swear by pellets, most people here seem to have Webber kettles.
          Your choice is endless

Comment

Welcome from Western Massachusetts.

I suggest starting with a 22 or 26 Kettle. It is way under your budget.and you get accessories like slow&sear, vortex and other goodies. Still staying under the 1K. Gives you a chance to explore low and slow as well as hot and fast. Either way you go you never lack help and guidance here..
            Last edited by RichieB; July 5, 2021, 02:10 PM.

Comment

• Panhead John
              Panhead John commented
              Editing a comment
              Agree☝️

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment

Welcome from TN. Not sure if they ship to Canada but the SNS Kettle is a fine appliance for smoking and/or grilling. https://snsgrills.com/collections/kettle-grills

smokin fool may be able to help you out with what is available up north

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas, Texas!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

There is a learning curve for all types of cookers. A good pellet grill will probably be the easiest to learn, but not all pellet grills will cook hot and fast.

For my money, I suggest a 26" Kettle with a Slow N Sear. With those two items you can cook just about anything that will fit in it any way you want to cook it. You will have money left over that you should use to buy a good instant read thermometer. If you add a temp controller, it will be almost set and forget, and you will still have money left over.

We are here to help, so fire away with any questions you may have.

Comment

Welcome from Wisconsin. Glad you could join us!
                I'll join in with the choir and recommend a kettle with a SlowNSear. It is a great way to get into the world of BBQ without a lot of up front cost. Pellet smokers are another good option, but remember that while they are well suited for smoking. The ones that are able to pull double duty as grills, are usually only good when cooking for one or two people.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

• klflowers
                    klflowers commented
                    Editing a comment
                    …, …, …???

Howdy from Houston and welcome to The Pit. If you can only have one cooker at this time, an excellent all round choice is a 22” SNS Kettle or a Weber 26” Kettle, if you need more room. This is going to be the overwhelming choice recommended for you, as you can see from the above posts. But you should get the SnS insert for any kettle you might choose. This will allow you to do your low and slow cooks, such as brisket, ribs and pork butts.

There is a ton of information for you here, as well as reviews of the above mentioned cookers and a lot more. Either one of these kettles is well below your budget, which allows plenty of $ leftover for your thermometers and other accessories. Good luck and feel free to ask for any help you might need.

Pictured are the SNS 22” kettle and the SnS insert (aka the Slow N Sear) many of us are talking about.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Panhead John; July 5, 2021, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Welcome from St. Cloud, FL.

I will echo some of the other comments about getting a pellet grill. Do some research here and good luck with your search and by all means have fun with it. Many here can answer your questions you may have.

Comment

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Echo the other suggestions for the 22" or 26" kettle with Slow N Sear. https://snsgrills.com/

For pellets, we need more information about your needs. I generally recommend https://grillagrills.com as they have some good options for a variety of needs. I myself am planning on a OG Grilla purchase someday.

Comment

• STEbbq
                          STEbbq commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Did you order with the preorder?

• klflowers
                          klflowers commented
                          Editing a comment
                          STEbbq I did. They told me they had some problems with the retrofit kits and had to have them re-manufactured

• STEbbq
                          STEbbq commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Well, at least they can tell you something. MB has no idea when parts will be coming in.

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here