Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

introduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

introduction

Hi Everyone I'm Ron from MASS I Been smoking for a year I use a Masterbuilt Electric Smoker . I'm looking forward learning from all of you .So far i cooked some ribs using the 3-2-1 method, chicken wings . I want to try pull pork and brisket i don't have the guts yet to try it that's why I join this club to get some ideas on how to cook them .

Welcome to the Pit!
    Cheers from Norway

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta. lots good ideas and help here.

Comment

Howdy from Houston Ron! Welcome to The Pit. We’re glad to have ya. Just a little advice, DO NOT under any circumstances, ask this group for help in picking a new cooker when the time comes. Also, don’t let them know if you’re gonna be buying any "accessories" for your cooker. This group of people here are nothing but a bunch of wallet sucking enablers who LIVE to help you spend your money. I made that mistake…..and now I live under a bridge in a van down by the river.
        Last edited by Panhead John; July 3, 2021, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Welcome from Colorado, Ron. The first thing you need to know about life here in the Pit is that there are certain things (and people) that you’ll just need to ignore. Take Panhead John for instance. He tends to exaggerate a bit and, case in point, doesn’t really "live" under a bridge. The bridge is simply there to keep the rain off his recently expanded collection of grills, smokers, and fancy accessories.

Comment

• Panhead John
            Panhead John commented
            Editing a comment
            I do have far more cookers than the average homeless person.

• bbqLuv
            bbqLuv commented
            Editing a comment
            MBMorgan posted, "you’ll just need to ignore. Take @Panhead John"
            Who is Panhead? And how do I go about ignoring him? Is he on AR?

• Panhead John
            Panhead John commented
            Editing a comment
            He’s hard to find, rarely posts.

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas, Texas!

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Ron. Pulled pork is one of the most forgiving things you can smoke, so go ahead and get ya a butt. Smoke it and try to keep the temps between 225° and 300° and you will be fine. Here's Meatheads take on pork butts:

This easy pulled pork recipe skips the slow cooker to create authentic low-and-slow smoked pulled pork on a smoker or grill. With smoke woven through the moist meat, bits of seasoned crust, and a gentle splash of BBQ sauce, pulled pork is perfect for your next backyard cookout.

Comment

Welcome from St. Cloud, FL.

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome from Oz, you will like it here

Comment

Welcome from Farmville, Va...

Comment

Well pilgrim, ya just gotta grab a brisket, look it in the flat & show it who’s boss. Light that fire & smoke it! Welcome, eat good and have fun!

Comment

• Mudkat
                            Mudkat commented
                            Editing a comment
                            That’s what I like about Fireman. Always gets right to the Point. 😀

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here