Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi from Jarrettsville, MD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi from Jarrettsville, MD

I'm in Maryland (as stated in my subject) and have been into smoking for about 10 years now. Have been using this site for a number of years and even recommended it to a number of friends. I always used it free and kept saying I should sign up for the Pitmaster Club to support the site. So hear I am finally doing that.

I'm just a hobby smoker and pretty inconsistent when doing it. Going to be trying a whole brisket this coming weekend for the first time. I've done flats a couple of times and they were successful, so I imagine this shouldn't be too challenging.

I have a 22.5" and 14.5" Weber Smokey Mountain. I have a Weber gas grill. I also built a grill to be able to cook over my fire pit in the back yard. Love using that for throwing a cast iron skillet on and getting a great sear on a steak.

I like to try different flavors and techniques. I sometimes make my own marinades and spice mixes/rubs. And sometimes I use store bought ones because I like to try them out.

Welcome from down by Assateague Island

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta.

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota.

Comment

Welcome from north Texas. Have fun here!

Comment

You will definitely get more than you bargained for in your support of the Pit. It will pay you back tenfold. Welcome, eat good & have fun!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas, Texas!

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome! from real close to you in Forest Hill.

Comment

• HawkerXP
                    HawkerXP commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Welcome to the speaking side of the Pit!

Hello from NW Oregon.
                  Happy Grilling to you and PBR too

Comment

Welcome from TN. Looking forward to seeing some pics, maybe starting with that brisket you are doing

Comment

• Eggy72
                      Eggy72 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      After reading their article on the Texas style brisket I think I'm going to actually separate the point and flat since they'll likely finish at different times. But I'll still take pics.

• klflowers
                      klflowers commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Eggy72, looking forward to it. I just did one for my mom for Memorial Day. I am still trying to perfect it. Just a suggestion, try making the Texas BBQ Juice. I make this almost every time I do a brisket; I have started using it on chucks and beef ribs too
                      In Texas the traditional barbecue sauce recipe is usually more like a tomato soup, thin and spicy, it penetrates the meat.

Welcome to the pit from the bbq capital of New England, Massachusetts.

Comment

Welcome from Oz, you will like it here

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

welcome Maryland, from the heart of the deltaland Stockton, CA

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here