Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New 22” Webber Master-Touch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New 22” Webber Master-Touch

Hello,

I was curious if anyone else who has a Webber Master-Touch has used the heat diffuser/char ring method described in the manual to smoke? If so how well did it work? My concern is that as the lit charcoal spreads through out the cook that too much will light and it will produce excessive heat. I have had luck so far with a 2x2 snake method, but I figured if it came with the grill may as well give it a shot. Thank you.
    Attached Files

Thought I’d make it easier to read. Carry on folks.
    Attached Files

Comment

I don’t have one, but have used the snake method and really like it. If the fire spreads 360° I could see where that would be a problem for low and slow since the heat intensity would be increasing exponentially. Maybe it can be controlled by constantly adjusting your vents. That seems like a lot more trouble than the snake method. I mostly cook on a Kamado and while the fire is started in the middle once the vents are set it maintains temp. On my Kamado when cooking at 225 both the top and bottom vent are set at about .25” open. Maybe that would work on your Weber. By the way, welcome to the Pit from Dallas, Texas!
      Last edited by LA Pork Butt; June 26, 2021, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Charcoal bbq, No, I do not. Pellet Griller I am.

Comment

I think it should work if you start with just a few lit briquettes like shown in the center, and keep the vents closed to barely open on the bottom. It's basically similar to the way the fire burns in a Weber Smokey Mountain, just will be a lot harder to refuel of course.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome from St. Cloud, FL. No experience with the smoke ring but I do use the SnS to do long cooks.

Comment

It will work fine. Faster to setup than the snake method also.

Comment

Welcome to the pit. As y0u have already likely learned with your snake, temp comes from a few factors, I find one of them being the amount of charcoal you light to start the fire plays a role in how hot you9r cooker will get, I would likely experiment with 3-4 coals at start in the summer, and see how it heats across. Keep us informed on how this goes. That set up as intrigued many of us here. In the 22 wsm, or the 24 summit charcoal, that method seems to be the way to go. I’m not opposed to a new grill. 😁

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!

Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

Comment

I've never used the minion method outside of the SnS.

Comment

I use the minion method all the time in my WSM, and i don't have problems with temp controls, but then again, the wsm is a different appliance

Comment

I use the snake method is the WSM and the kettle. Stays consistent for me.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here