Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lakeside Chef, Here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lakeside Chef, Here!

I'm glad to join the Pitmaster Club and I am looking forward to improving my barbecue skills. I have an Akorn that I accidentally modified and now it works a lot better. I broke off one side of the cast iron grill by dropping it and now I can feed small chunks of wood or charcoal down the side of the grill without disturbing the food. Unlike many Akorn users, I build small hot fires and feed the fire with small quantities of fuel. This method makes it easy to run low and slow while producing thin blue smoke and better tasting food. I've made a lot of good food with the Akorn over the last two years but now I am ready to move on to greater challenges.

Welcome LC. You have come to the right place to hone your skills.

Comment

Welcome Aboard, Chef

Comment

Chef, I am not the one to follow, but the members here enjoy a wealth of BBQ Lore and a willing to Share With You! Welcome to the Pit, Dan

Comment

Welcome LC

Comment

Hi LC, you are going to like it here. I like your Akorn mod. Pics are always appreciated around here.

Comment

​Welcome to The Pit Lakeside Chef! We appreciate your support. It sounds like you have an excellent grasp on fire management, and don't mind a little extra work to get it. You sound like you're ready for a big ol' stickburner! I like your accidental modification too!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here