Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can do toast if toaster is plugged in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can do toast if toaster is plugged in

HI, I’m Jerry. I can cook a little and have charbroil. I know but I bought it before joining Amazing ribs. Retired is imminent and I want to learn to cook. Wish me luck

Welcome from Pittsburgh, PA! You have come to the right place. Congrats on your soon to be retirement.

Comment

Welcome from Maryland. You will learn a lot here, and have fun doing it.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Jerry. You are in the right place to learn. I suggest you decide what you want to cook and head over to the free side to find recipes, then come here and ask if ya need help. One hint is to not be stuck on 225° for low and slow cooking. You can cook at 250° to 275° and you won't be able to tell the difference. And a higher temp will shorten your cooks.

Comment

Welcome from Colorado, Jerry …

Comment

Welcome from Oz, you will like it here, there is much to learn from the high priests that populate AR

Comment

Welcome to the journey in the Pit from Dallas, Texas!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from another Gerry!

Hey! I've got some charcoal too!

Comment

Welcome!

Here’s what is really great about all this: it’s easy.

​​​​
                  It’s easy to make outdoor food that is truly impressive. Even if you’re this guy:

Click image for larger version  Name:	175BE99A-5EA9-4AC6-A6F6-0206DD3FFD7B.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	76.6 KB ID:	1041286

Here’s the next great part: there is so much more after that!

Then it’s up to you. You can stick to the basics, and work on getting better at them, which is what I do. Or you can decide to branch out into pizzas, breads, paellas, sous vide, whatever, the world is your oyster! Heck, make some oysters!

As you get better (because even though it’s easy to get good quickly, you can always get better), the accolades start pouring in, and as the accolades pour in, you want to cook more. And the more you cook, the better you get. It’s a vicious cycle, I tell ya, one that you can’t get off! And then one day you’re looking at a website filled with $4000 smokers, and all you have to do is save $80 a week for a year….

Nah, don’t do it. Stay away!

j/k. Welcome!

ETA: Oh; there’s nothing wrong with a Charbroil. They make some damn good ‘q. We don’t do gear shaming here, there is no hierarchy. Bring what you got and you can cook on it. But I’m just sayin’ that if you’re looking for people to try to talk you out of that $4000 smoker, this ain’t the place my friend.
                  Last edited by Mosca; June 6, 2021, 05:34 AM.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                    Mr. Bones commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Like this meme ten thousand times over, easily, Brother...almost snorted Breakfast Jack an Coke, which would be Tragic, at 0631...

Tragic= Liquor stores, here in Th Territories, don't open until 1200...

Still much better than 85% of my life, when they didn't open, at all, Sundays...

We'uns usedta make some Mad Ol Sunday Dashes to Muhzurrah, gotta tell yall True...
                    Last edited by Mr. Bones; June 6, 2021, 09:29 AM.

• Mr. Bones
                    Mr. Bones commented
                    Editing a comment
                    btw, each time I roll through here, find it almost impossible to not play with th red dot, on th dbag's cranial structure...
                    Probly my bad, mayhaps some internal failing that needs addressed.

• FireMan
                    FireMan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That was me 20 years ago.

Welcome from Minnesota. Enjoy The Pit.

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Greetings and welcome from North Carolina.

Comment

Yup, build a fire & you will cook. Ya do have ta kill the meat ya know. Welcome, eat good & have fun!

Comment

Welcome aboard!

As Mosca stated there is no gear shamming. Lots of friendly people with great advice.
                          Lots of green with envy, but that is a whole other story

Comment

hello from NW Oregon

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here