Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to The Pit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to The Pit

Hello all,
    My name is Davida, (not David, I'm a she). I have been cooking in restaurants for nearly 25 years now. I am an Exec Chef of a farm to table, sustainable, scratch kitchen. That just means we don't open cans, we make everything. I was given a gift this week and its a Oklahoma Joe BBQ grill & Smoker. I am not experienced in smoking so I am unsure if it is a quality brand yet. I can tell it was built well and it is sturdy! It does seem to be high quality. Time will tell. My new toy sent me in search of recipes and reading as much info as I can on how to use it. I stumbled onto this website and four hours later, so many great reads, I decided to join because grilling/smoking seems to be my new obsession! I am really looking forward to everyone's post, advice and recipes.
    Thank you!

Welcome! I am looking forward to pics of your cooks!

Comment

Welcome from Colorado, Davida …

Comment

Howdy from south Texas! Glad you’ve found us!

Comment

Welcome from Northern Ca., looking forward to your contributions.

Comment

Greetings and welcome from North Carolina.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Davida. Fasten your seatbelt - you are in for a fun ride.

Comment

Welcome from Wisconsin. Glad you could join us!

Comment

Howdy from Houston Davida! Welcome to The Pit. This Oklahoma Joe you have, which model of smoker is it? They make an offset stick burner and a pit barrel cooker, called The Bronco. And also, we love pictures of your cooker as well as your cooks.

Comment

Welcome from the PNW! I love Las Vegas. My father-in-law has a house on a golf course there.

Comment

Welcome to the pit from the bbq capital of New England, Massachusetts.

Comment

Welcome from Oz, you will like it here

Comment

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas, Texas!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here