Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Howdy from Vegas!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howdy from Vegas!

Hi, I'm "boftx" (Jim) and I live in North Las Vegas.

I've been grilling just about from the time I was a kid. My folks had a really nice brick and stone pit that I grew up with and my dream is to be able to recreate that some day. I've always used Weber kettles for the most part, but picked up a CharGriller Pro back in 2008 and learned how to handle a stick burner. (Everything said about how hard it is to master one of those things is true, but I think I have a much better understanding of what I'm doing because of it.)

I'm a programmer by trade, and work from home for a company in Houston. I go out there one week a month just so they don't forget how ugly I am. Needless to say, you can hardly throw a rock without hitting some kind of BBQ place. I gotta be honest (and probably biased) and say I think what I turn out on my COS can stand toe-to-toe with anything I can find in an eatery (and quite probably top it.)

I've been coming to AR for quite some time and have found the information here invaluable. I might disagree with the opinions at times, but the data is always good. I'm looking forward to seeing the interactions here in The Pit.

Jim

Hey there Jim! Glad to meet you.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Jim! When you have a chance take a few minutes to read my welcome letter as well as tips on how to use The Pit (or perhaps you have since your sig is completed and correct, thanks!). They can be found in the Welcome and Announcements Channel. In particular, check out my tip #4 on pic uploading. It will help display your pics in a larger format that's viewable in the thread itself. As you can see we're a small but growing community. The more information and love you put in the more interest we'll get from fellow Pit members. Before you know it we'll have a BBQ wiki bounty of information for everyone to review, improve, share, and use. I look forward to your input!

Comment

Good to see you here Jim. I feel like I know you!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here