Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Newbie from Maryland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Newbie from Maryland

Hi all!

I'm Deborah, my day job is community college professor, and I used to be all about horses but have reached the age of physical warranty expiration and am not sure I'm going to get back to that. I do some jewelry design and fabrication, including soldering with an oxygen-propane torch, so I'm not afraid of a little heat. I'm near Annapolis in Maryland, where people put Old Bay on everything. I moved here four years ago from Southern California.

My ex-husband did a lot of grilling and smoking. I have just acquired a Camp Chef Pellet Grill with the Sear Box propane grill attachment. It also has the "slide and grill" feature which I thought might be useful for burgers, sausages and other stuff that doesn't need a hard fast sear, but I gather there are a lot of opinions about that. This seemed like a decent combination with a compact footprint on my deck. I haven't even burned it in yet as it arrived in the rain Friday!

I have quite decent indoor cooking skills and did a lot of prep for stuff the ex smoked or grilled. I have a sous vide setup that I really liked the results from. But I'm a total newbie to running the grill and smoker. 25 years ago I had a Smokey Joe charcoal kettle that I used a few times and that's really it!

For my first cook I'm going to try the smoked chicken tomorrow.

Welcome to the pit from the bbq capital of New England, Massachusetts.

Comment

Welcome!

You have a great smoker and grill there with the Camp Chef!

I look forward to seeing pics of your cooks!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit. You are in the right place for help - just ask and we will do what we can to help.

Comment

Welcome from Northwest Montana.

Comment

Welcome from Schertz, Texas. Looking forward to your participation!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from the California Delta.
              I know all about that warranty expiration thingy and having to change hobbies.

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota.

Comment

Welcome from Michigan! The Pit has really great people to learn from, and have a great time doing it. You're coming in with the start of summer, and that's a wonderful beginning.

Comment

Welcome from Farmville, Va...

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!

Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

Comment

Greetings and welcome from North Carolina.

Comment

Let her rip & smoke them chickens & whist yer at it take some pics, we love em. Don’t tell Cap’n Mike a have a rip about yer up comin cook. Welcome, eat good & have fun!

Comment

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Welcome from Wilson County, Texas! Glad you’re here!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here