Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoke Signals from SC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SmokingPat View Post
    Welcome to the Pit from California.

I live in a state that has has only one style of barbecue ('Santa Maria Style'), but it's never called 'California Barbecue'. So I'm fascinated at the Carolinas that claim 4 flavors of barbecue!
    When it comes to BBQ, SC is divided into four regions which were somewhat defined by the type of sauce served historically in those areas. It is not as clean-cut as the map implies, and certainly today, you're able to find 4-plus sauces around the state.

Here is how it sort of breaks down:

Click image for larger version

Name:	SCSauceRegions©.png
Views:	119
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	1037416

Comment

• SmokingPat
      SmokingPat commented
      Editing a comment
      I've made vinegar-pepper sauce and mustard sauce. But I'm unclear about light tomato & heavy tomato. Do you know of representative recipes online? Is 'heavy tomato' the same as 'KC Style'?

Looks like you'll be sharing lots of cool stuff. Thanks for joining us!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome from Western Massachusetts.

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!

Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

Comment

Welcome from Wisconsin. Glad you could join us!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas, Texas! Our daughter has lived in Columbia for the last 20 years, so I have had a fare share of South Carolina BBQ. I have had some good BBQ, but am yet to warm up to the hash.

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here