Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New from Gilroy, Ca

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New from Gilroy, Ca

Recently purchased a Meadow Creek PR36 and the cook is fantastic. One problem I have is that I simply can't get the temp high enough for a great sear. I have been using one chimney of coals, using the top cook shelf, but can only get the temp to about 350! Any suggestions.

Welcome to The Pit.

I don't know how much you need to sear, but for my wife and I, I use a charcoal chimney to sear. You can turn it upside down so you don't use as much charcoal. I can sear two filets or two pieces of chicken that way.

Comment

Welcome from Virginia! I really have no experience with that cooker. But I am sure someone will weigh in soon.

Comment

Welcome from Western Massachusetts.

Comment

Welcome from the Delta.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! Sorry not familiar with that cooker.

Comment

Welcome from Pittsburgh, PA!

Comment

According to Meatheads review, all you would have to do is "load it up", in your case push the hot coals together so they pile up close to the grate & sear away. Welcome, eat good and have fun!
                Last edited by FireMan; May 27, 2021, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!

Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

Jus a knuckle-draggin Primate, so not familiar with yer cooker, Amigo...

Much Smarter folk than me will doubtless share their experiences with ya, git ya headin in th Right Direction....

Comment

Welcome from Colorado …

Comment

Welcome from Oz, you will like it here

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota.

Comment

Welcome from St. Cloud, FL. I don't have any experience with the PR36, while it is a nice looking grill it doesn't appear it is designed to get real hot in the chamber. It looks to me like it doesn't allow oxygen from below like a Weber kettle but I can't see everything. The vents on the kettle allow me to adjust the temp inside. Not sure what you can do except to open all air passages fully. Good luck and let us know how you get on with this cooker.

Comment

Welcome from TN. That is a nice cooker you have there.

Comment

Hello from NW Oregon
                              May all your grilling pair well with PBR.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here