Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from Norway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from Norway

Hi my fellow home cooks and chefs :-)

My name is Trond and I am what you can call a partially newbee on outdoor cooking, but not a bewbee on cooking all homemade food. Love all types of food, from asian Thai food, French and Italian cuisine and off course all American BBQ etc etc.

Since all the 4 seasons can act on the same day here in Norway I have to be a good indoor as well as a outdoor cook, though the outdoor interrest has come the past year or so - got a lot to learn, and have fun on the way!

Indoor equipment:
    Bosch steam/hot air convection oven
    Bosch regular oven
    Bosch 80cm induction top
    Souse Vide machine

Outdoor equipment:
    Weber Smokey Mountain 22,5
    Weber Master Touch GBS kettle 22,5
    Broil King Regal 440 PRO gas grill
    Maverick ET-733

I use all the equpiment (ok, I am a gadget freak), and love my gas grill as well as charcoal and my smoker. They all perfom great, gas is perfect for weekdays and charcoal and smoker for the relaxing weekends.

I joined this site cause of the excellent information I found here, and off course hope to the get some start help when I begin to explore the great science of BBQ.

Just bought a half veal and have some interresting projects waiting to be grilled, BBQ or smoked :-)

T.

Welcome Aboard Faqtor75

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit Faqtor75 .

That oven... Bosch steam/hot air convection oven is a dream oven for guys like me that love the science of bread baking as much as we love BBQ. Do you use the steam feature much? I've never had the pleasure to bake bread in a convection oven with the steam feature.

One new toy you might want to consider for outdoor cooking in bad weather is a ceramic oven, grill and smoker. Real cold weather or rain doesn't effect them at all. There are many brands and price points for ceramic cookers. I have the Big Green Egg but there are less expensive brands that perform just as well.

Again... Welcome to our BBQ community and we look forward to seeing what you're cooking.

Breadhead...

Comment

• Faqtor75
          Faqtor75 commented
          Editing a comment
          The oven is amazing on bread, chicken etc.
          The crust on the bread is delicious crusty and the inside soft and moist, just put on some good butter and your in heaven ;-)

I have been looking at those ceramic type grills, but since I do not have a roof on my terrasse I still can not cook outside when the weather is bad. Perhaps later if I build a cooking patio :-)
          Last edited by Faqtor75; August 21, 2015, 11:16 AM.

Velkomen!

Comment

Welcome from Canada!

Half a veal? Nice, that is one meat that is very seldom posted on this forum, I look forward to seeing how it Q's!

Comment

• Faqtor75
            Faqtor75 commented
            Editing a comment
            First time for me too buying half a veal, so it is an exciting project.

The first I learned is that next time I will order a bigger one, this one was slaughtered at 132kg. The next one should be at least 180kg so it has gained more fat and then have more taste. But by all means, the steaks I have tried from the veal is lightyears better than the crap they sell at the supermarket.

Velkommen til graven. Du har gjort en bra flytt i å bli med! Or something like that.

Comment

• Faqtor75
            Faqtor75 commented
            Editing a comment
            Just gotta love google translate :-D

You just velcommed me to my grave..LOL

• Munch
            Munch commented
            Editing a comment
            It's the thought that counts. Is the same word used for pit and grave maybe? I used this...http://translation.babylon.com/english/to-norwegian/

• Faqtor75
            Faqtor75 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, it is the thought that counts and I appreciate it a lot! Thanks!

My daughter and 4 of the grandsons live in Stavanger. Based on the price of going out for decent hamburgers I'd say you are being cost effective cooking at home!

Comment

• Faqtor75
            Faqtor75 commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree, to cook at home is by far cheaper than eating out in Norway.

Though, the major reason for me to cook by myself is that I really enjoy good and tasty food. I travel a lot in my work and the food I am getting in various restaurants is at best great, but normally I am dissapointed of the food quality many restaurants actually manage to serve the customer.

​Welcome to The Pit Faqtor75 / Trond! Glad to make new friends so far away! You live in a beautiful land, however my only real knowledge of Norway is from watching Survivorman!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

• Faqtor75
            Faqtor75 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi Huskee

Thanks for the welcome, I will look into the link you send me :-).

I thought the Gold Medal Giveaway only was valid for US citizens?

Today I am smoking spareribs, it is a lovely warm day.

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            Faqtor75 Last I heard this is true. Still a good idea to get the emails...just in case. You never know, maybe shipping arrangements could be worked out. I really don't know the specifics there.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here