Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BBQ Lover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBQ Lover

My wife and I lived in Texas for nearly 30 years and I have LOVED smoked meats and grilling. My technique for brisket improved immensely after reading an article on Harvard engineering students studying the science of cooking briskets. Over the past few years we had to move to AZ but acquired a sous-vide cooker. I have had amazing results starting low and slow, cooking the brisket for 48 hrs stepping the temperature over a series of steps and ending up finishing the brisket on my smoker grill for at least 3 hours (the longer the better). I have grilled salmon, boneless skinnless chicken breasts, and of course BEEF!
    I have been cooking for over 40 years. I learned to cook by watching my mother AND by thinking how various things would impact the flavor and texture of whatever meals I was making. As far as griling is concerned, a number of years ago I switched from a Weber kettle grill to a Weber gas grill, and my wife got me a cheap smoker cube. Fast forward to today, I still have the gas grill, but use a souv-vide Supreme for many things (and to start things like steaks, chicken, and brisket), and recently acquired a Traegar grill from a friend who was retiring and going to live in his RV. I always have loved smoked meats, and the crunchy, crispy edges of grilled stuff.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Kwalker629; May 23, 2021, 07:43 AM.

Greetings and welcome from North Carolina.

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome from Colorado ...

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome from Pittsburgh, PA!

Comment

Welcome from the Pacific Northwest

Comment

Welcome from SE Texas

Comment

Welcome from north Texas. Have fun on the Pit.

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta.

Comment

Looks like ya cook some mean stuff! Welcome, eat
                        good & have fun!

Comment

Welcome from St. Cloud, FL.

Comment

Welcome from Oz, you will like it here

Comment

Howdy from Houston and welcome to The Pit!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here