Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Cleveland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Cleveland

Hi everyone! Been a member for over a year, but just now getting around to posting. My name is John, from Eastlake OH, just east of Cleveland. Previously had a seven year career in kitchens before changing gears and becoming a bean counter over the past 18 years.

Keep really busy with family and church and work and school so about the only hobby I have time for is grilling and smoking. My first smoker was a tiny electric kettle that my wife bought me at a garage sale for $10. It worked as well as a $10 electric from a garage sale could be expected to. That's when I knew it was time to get serious.

Thought I'd share some pics of different cooks I've done. The ribs, plantains, burnt ends and wings were smoked on a Louisiana Grills LG900 pellet grill. The sliced turkey was Thanksgiving dinner grilled on a Weber Genesis II 410-SE. The whole turkey breast was on the Big Green Egg I used to have.
    Attached Files

Lookin good! Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

If I have a choice I’d take door #1 and #3 would be in the mix. Door # 5 looks good, I’ll take that one to, aaaaand door # 6, well.........screw it. I’ll take em all. Good lookin cooks! Welcome, eat good and have fun!

Comment

Welcome from Wilson County, Texas! Nice looking cooks!

Comment

Howdy from Houston John. Great name by the way. Welcome to The Pit! You’ll have fun here. If you ever need any tips, let us know. Our prices for replies are very reasonable.

Comment

• javaminit
            javaminit commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks - I’ll text full payment for all your BBQ tips
            /bc

Welcome from the California Delta.

Comment

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas, Texas!

Comment

Good looking 'Q! Welcome from Long Beach!

Comment

Welcome from Oz, you will like it here

Comment

• javaminit
                    javaminit commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Love OZ- we were in Perth in March 2020 when we had to return to Canada when Covid hit. Heading back as soon as I can. What are you grilling ?

• Stuey1515
                    Stuey1515 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    javaminit yeah it's nice over here on a sparsely populated island. Tomorrow I have two 1kg slabs of cured bacon going on the smoker to cook. Beef cheeks as well for a ragout for dinner Sunday, yourself?

• javaminit
                    javaminit commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Well, I’m doing the pastrami on Monday, I hope - so long as it isn’t too breezy. Then I have a 4K slab of pork belly frozen that I have to brine and get some bacon on the smoker.

Welcome to the posting side of The Pit.

Comment

Welcome

Comment

• Panhead John
                      Panhead John commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Hey. Donw Tone it down some, please.

Welcome from St. Cloud, FL.

Comment

Greetings and welcome from North Carolina

Comment

Welcome from Farmville, Va...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here