Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from Pasadena, CA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from Pasadena, CA

Hi guys!!! This is an amazing site!! I bought the book first before I found out about this place!!
    You guys are awesome!!

First time smoker. I made my own pit barrel from scraps and smoked my first chicken and salmon this mother's day and it turned out AMAZING!!! My only regret is that I should have made more. Thank you for the MEATHEAD book!
    Attached Files

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!

Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

P.S.: Tell that 'Little Ol Lady', )Ol Mr. Bones done said "Hey"

Yup, we've met...

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas, Texas!

Comment

Thank you guys!!
      Would it be possible to post a question here or is there a process that I have to do?

Comment

• mcook2201
        mcook2201 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ask away or present your question as a new post. A new post may gather more reads/replies. And greetings from NC

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Questions here will most likely be answered, but, accordin to subject, might be better placed in th appropriate section/subsection of th forum...

Reckon ain't nobody gonna yike at ya, over to here...

That bein said, as ya learns yer ways around, fire away...reckon we'uns'll either have an answer, or not...

Th Floor is yers, My Friend... Let Fly...

Howdy from south Texas! Pretty sure you can ask away!

Comment

Nice job on the yard bird. Welcome to the pit and I'm your neighbor over in La Crescenta.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit, enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ

Comment

Cheers from Long Beach!

Comment

Welcome to the pit from the bbq capital of New England, Massachusetts.

Comment

Welcome to the pit from just up the hill in Altadena!

Comment

• rochan
                  rochan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hey!!! You're just up the street!!

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Welcome from Pittsburgh, PA!

Comment

Welcome from north of you on the Delta.

Comment

Wow you guys are awesome!!!

Well here's my question... epoxy phenolic coating... do I need to remove it on my DIY barrel???
                      How toxic are we talking about here...
                      Last edited by rochan; May 17, 2021, 07:18 PM.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                        Mr. Bones commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Wowsers! I know a lil bit, bout quite many lotta thangs, but this one jus sucker-punched me, lol

Best I gots is a quick Google...:https://www.google.com/search?q=epox...3cy13aXrIAQnAA

• mcook2201
                        mcook2201 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Lot of various information out there on this product and it's safety with higher temperatures. I would error on safety and burn the barrel out, sandblast, or both. Food safety should be top priority. I personally burn mine out and sand the clean. This is just my humble opinion.

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here