Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New member from Central Ontario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New member from Central Ontario

Just to introduce myself. Retired CPA living on a lake close by Georgian Bay. Thinking about building an outdoor kitchen. Have had two BGEs, one small, one XL for 10 years plus, pellet fired Uuni (now called Ooni) pizza oven and several rocket/ gasification stoves one bought most homemade that I use like side burners.

Cooking of all kinds is a real passion from sourdough bread, cassava tortillas, steak and kidney, kefir, sauerkraut, pizza, Portuguese custard tarts, Indian chicken tikka masala, Ethiopian doro wot, Singapore noodles, Japanese natto, Irish potato farls Argentinian empanadas etc. etc.as well as the usual bbq suspects, briskets, butts, ribs, chicken, sausages. My favourite indoor cooking appliance is my Thermomix.

I also do whole hog roasts for church and local cottagers’ association on rented equipment.

Looking for advice on building/purchasing Argentine style grills with side brazier and height adjustable grill surface. Currently cooking outdoors with reclaimed oven racks on concrete blocks at different heights fired by embers shoveled from a simple ground level rock circle fire pit with rocket stove to fire a wok and homemade wood chip gasification stove as back up. It all works to produce great food but it’s a bit messy and needs a crew!

Welcome from the California Delta. Looking forward to seeing some of your cooks.

Comment

Welcome from the Covid capital Miserissauga.
      Love Georgian Bay, had a place on Woodland Beach for years....just retired and really regret selling....water under the bridge....
      Plenty of knowledgeable helpful people on here to get you thru a cook.
      Your in for a ride.

Comment

Greetings and welcome from North Carolina.

Comment

Welcome from Wyoming, ON this is a great site with good people and advice.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit from Texas.

Comment

Welcome to the pit from the bbq capital of New England, Massachusetts.

Comment

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome from Western Massachusetts.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas, Texas, USA!

Comment

Welcome from Oz, you will like it here

Comment

Welcome from north Texas. Have fun on the Pit. And the free advice will be forthcoming I’m sure.

Comment

Welcome from south Texas! Sounds like we’ll be learnin’ from you!

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here