Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Longtime Lurker - Now I'm Officially a Member :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Longtime Lurker - Now I'm Officially a Member :)

Hello from Austin, Texas!

I joined on a free trial initially when I received the Meathead book for my birthday and then just drooled in the background at everyone's recipes for a long time after. But now, I'm moving from an apartment to a house and looking forward to shopping for and firing up a grill again soon!

Can't wait to hear more on everyone's tips and insights!

Welcome from SE Texas.

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta.

Comment

Welcome from Colorado ...

Comment

Welcome to the pit from the bbq capital of New England, Massachusetts.

Comment

Our drooling is on hold til you start cookin, pics please. Welcome, eat good and have fun!

Comment

Welcome from Wilson County, east of San Antonio. Glad you’re here!

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Howdy from Houston, we’re glad to have ya! What kind of grill/smoker you gonna be looking for? If ya tell us, it won’t do much good though. The people here are very shy about giving their opinions.

Comment

• Cecile
                    Cecile commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hi Panhead John! I've been doing a lot of research lately on kamado-type grills. I haven't quite landed on a specific one yet, and I wasn't sure if this wouldn't be as good for a beginner. I have primarily worked with simple propane grills but not charcoal grills. I have worked with a wood smoker before so I have the patience and know to be sure to get a good thermometer.

• Panhead John
                    Panhead John commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hi Cecile A kamado type grill is a good choice, lots of people here have one. If you’re gonna have only one charcoal grill, another excellent choice would be a kettle type grill, along with buying an SnS insert for it. You can smoke and grill on one with excellent results. Here’s a link with a review of The SNS kettle grill.

The Slow 'N Sear Kettle Grill is mighty nice, but very similar to the Weber Performer, which is not a bad thing. If you're in the market for a new charcoal kettle grill, read our review because this one may be for you. It's definitely worth consideration. We award the Slow 'N Sear Kettle Grill our AmazingRibs.com Best Value Platinum Medal.
                    Last edited by Panhead John; May 17, 2021, 07:51 AM.

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Welcome from Western Massachusetts.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas​​​​​​, Texas!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here