Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Member In Dirty Jersey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Member In Dirty Jersey

Hey everyone! The name's Ian, I go by Nova online, you can call me either. I'm 30 years old and I have so many friends and coworkers who talk about smoking and grilling meals, I was always so envious! My wedding Is coming up (in 4 days!) And as a sort of joke I threw a smoker on my wedding registry, and my soon to be Brother in Law bought it for me the same day! So now it's set up in the back yard and I'm hoping to cook my first pork shoulder next week!

My experience with cooking in general is limited, but not non-existant. Growing up my hobbies had been limited to video games and tabletop RPGs, but the last 3 or so years I've found that my interests have expanded. I still game, but much less. These days I'm more interested in beer and cocktails, cigars, and now smoking delicious meats! I absolutely love hosting parties, big or small, and I think that kind of all goes together nicely. This lockdown has sucked for many reasons, obviously, but not being able to host my friends in the home I just moved to back in March 2020 has been really disappointing.

I hope to learn a lot here, and I also hope to make some friends to talk to and share my experiences!

WOW! Yer gettin married in the....... 4 days, ya get a brand spanking new cooker & ya wanna cook up a storm. First, congratulations on the nuptials. Second, take pics & post em of yer cooker, complete with victuals yer cookin! Third, well, I can’t think of a third. Fourth, welcome, eat good and have fun!

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta. Sounds like a great BIL to be. Congrats of the wedding also.

Comment

Welcome from central jersey!

Comment

Welcome from Colorado, Ian ...

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Ian.

Pork butts are one of the easiest things to cook. You didn't say what cooker you received, but just try to keep the temps between 225° and 275° and you will be OK. I also suggest you go to the free side and read up on cookin' a butt. While you're there, look for the recipe for Meathead's Memphis Dust - it's a killer on pork butts.

Aaaaand good luck with both the butt and the upcoming wedding.

Comment

Congrats from Jersey City on all your wins lately!! What a life you’re havin’. Post pics!!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas, Texas!

Comment

Nova, Ian, Hello from NW Oregon. My you two, BBQ long and prosper.

Comment

Welcome from Northwest Montana.

Comment

Welcome from Western Massachusetts.

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the friendly welcome! My smoker is a Dyna Glo 36" vertical smoker. I'm working on putting together some Memphis Dust so when the time comes next week I am all set to start smoking!

Comment

Welcome from south Texas!

Comment

Welcome from Massachusetts!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here