Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Member Introduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Member Introduction

Hello, I'm Jim. I'm a first time smoker owner. I finally bought a pellet smoker, Camp Chef SG24, one week ago. I've done a beer butt chicken and a boneless pork butt. Both came out great! (I've since learned that bone in is the way to go with pork butt)
    I can't wait to expand my smoking horizons and smoke some tasty meats! I love ribs and I've had a lot of success with other methods of cooking them. The one thing I've never made is a brisket. My goal is to smoke a brisket like they're meant to be. I'm confident that with a little help here, I'll reach that goal!

Welcome from Oz, you will like it here

You're about to get a lot of great info on briskets but not from me, brisket & I don't get on yet haha

Comment

• Jim7557
      Jim7557 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you!

Welcome to the Pit from Alabama. Brisket is no harder than a Boston butt (pulled pork). I suggest reading the article on the free side about smoking Texas style brisket first. If you wrap at all, wait until the meat is up around 170F in the thickest part of the flat before doing so:

Behold the best smoked brisket recipe ever! Texas style brisket is more than a recipe, it is a concept and a goal. It all begins by selecting the right meat, trimming it, seasoning it, smoking it, slicing it, and more. Follow this easy BBQ brisket guide for mouthwatering results!

Also, while I used to do beer-can chicken myself, its not really the way to go. Spatchcock your chickens instead, or split them. Read this article:

Beer Can Chicken is not a good way to cook chicken. Here's why, and how you can make better roast chicken.

Basically, I myself used to think that the beer can chicken was the best and most moist chicken I had ever made. Maybe it was, but it wasn't due to the beer, which the science proves will never boil and steam enough to do anything when shoved up the rear of a chicken...

Anyway, glad to have you here, and look forward to seeing what you are making.

Comment

Welcome from Virginia! You have already gotten some great advice. This is the place to be!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Jim. If you ever need any advice there’s a boatload of people here more than willing to help.

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta.

Comment

Welcome from Western Massachusetts.

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

I wanna hear more bout this beer butt chicken, yessir. Welcome, eat good and have fun!

Comment

Welcome from Northwest Montana.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Jim.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas, Texas!

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!

Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

Comment

Greetings and welcome from North Carolina.

Comment

Welcome from Pittsburgh, PA!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here