Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Member Introduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Santamarina
    replied
    Welcome from California!

Leave a comment:

• Rob Johnston
    replied
    Welcome from Pittsburgh, PA!

Leave a comment:

• mcook2201
    replied
    Greetings and welcome from North Carolina.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    replied
    Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!

Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

Leave a comment:

• LA Pork Butt
    replied
    Welcome to the Pit from Dallas, Texas!

Leave a comment:

• RonB
    replied
    Welcome to The Pit Jim.

Leave a comment:

• Mt Smoker
    replied
    Welcome from Northwest Montana.

Leave a comment:

• FireMan
    replied
    I wanna hear more bout this beer butt chicken, yessir. Welcome, eat good and have fun!

Leave a comment:

• Donw
    replied
    Welcome from Maryland

Leave a comment:

• RichieB
    replied
    Welcome from Western Massachusetts.

Leave a comment:

• ofelles
    replied
    Welcome from the California Delta.

Leave a comment:

• Panhead John
    replied
    Welcome to The Pit Jim. If you ever need any advice there’s a boatload of people here more than willing to help.

Leave a comment:

• DavidNorcross
    replied
    Welcome from Virginia! You have already gotten some great advice. This is the place to be!

Leave a comment:

• jfmorris
    replied
    Welcome to the Pit from Alabama. Brisket is no harder than a Boston butt (pulled pork). I suggest reading the article on the free side about smoking Texas style brisket first. If you wrap at all, wait until the meat is up around 170F in the thickest part of the flat before doing so:

Behold the best smoked brisket recipe ever! Texas style brisket is more than a recipe, it is a concept and a goal. It all begins by selecting the right meat, trimming it, seasoning it, smoking it, slicing it, and more. Follow this easy BBQ brisket guide for mouthwatering results!

Also, while I used to do beer-can chicken myself, its not really the way to go. Spatchcock your chickens instead, or split them. Read this article:

Beer Can Chicken is not a good way to cook chicken. Here's why, and how you can make better roast chicken.

Basically, I myself used to think that the beer can chicken was the best and most moist chicken I had ever made. Maybe it was, but it wasn't due to the beer, which the science proves will never boil and steam enough to do anything when shoved up the rear of a chicken...

Anyway, glad to have you here, and look forward to seeing what you are making.

Leave a comment:

• Jim7557
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here