Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Toronto!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Toronto!

Hello all! I have been a casual griller/smoker for about 10 years since I purchased my prized Big Green Egg. I am a rank amateur and I have had more than my share of misfires, but I have really enjoyed the journey and the learning! Over the years I have benefited from many of the recipes and tips on AmazingRibs.com and my Pitmaster membership was long overdue!

I use my BGE to cook everything from steaks and chops, to chicken and seafood, burgers and pizza (with varied success), but I enjoy the longer cooks the most and have tried pork butt, brisket, prime rib, a whole turkey(!), and beef and pork ribs (many times). I like to cook for larger crowds, especially at the family cottage on the lake - it is always more fun with plenty of others around to keep you company!

I have a Thermapen to keep me on track for anything grilled, and a Redi-Chek thermometer system for the longer cooks. On my wish list is an air regulator/blower for my BGE and I would love to hear about any recommendations or others experiences (are they worth it??).

I was fortunate to get a sous-vide as a gift a while back and I have had very good success combining the sous-vide with the BGE - especially for large beef ribs which I have had some difficulty with in the past.

I am really looking forward to learning from all of the seasoned cooks and to get some new ideas!

Welcome to The Pit. Sorry, but I can't help with the BGE, but someone will be along shortly who can help.

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta.

Comment

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota.

Comment

Greetings and welcome from North Carolina

Comment

Welcome from Colorado ...

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome from Pittsburgh, PA!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas, Texas!

Comment

Hello from NW Oregon

Comment

Welcome from Central Texas!

Comment

Howdy from south Texas!

Comment

We are glad to have all amateurs with us, especially rank ones. There are one or two blower experts who will be along shortly. You know em when ya see em. Welcome, eat good and have fun!

Comment

Welcome from Wisconsin. Glad you could join us!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here