Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from Saluzzo, Italy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcoto the pit from the bbq capital of New England, Massachusetts . Great introduction to the community.

Comment

• cohenkin
      cohenkin commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the welcome Whiseyman! I enjoy a dram (or two) myself!

Welcome from TN. Italian food is one of my favorite things, I hope to make it to Italy one day post pandemic

Comment

• cohenkin
      cohenkin commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the welcome! We'll be glad to welcome you when you come.

Welcome to the Pit! My wife and I spent time in Italy on our Honeymoon and are planning another trip next year, assuming international travel will be somewhat normal. Haven't made it to NW yet but would love to get there at some point. We did Amalfi and Tuscany and are looking at Emilia-Romagna for next year. Perhaps a few more trips working our way north and west and we'll eventually find our way to your area.

Comment

• cohenkin
      cohenkin commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the welcome, Jumbo! Italy is not as big as you think. Bologna, the capital if Emilia Romagna is only a four hour drive from us. Thanks for the welcome. BTW, is Willard's still churning out barbecue in Chantilly?

• jumbo7676
      jumbo7676 commented
      Editing a comment
      cohenkin Willard's is still there, though I have only been there twice. I find myself buying bbq significantly less often ever since I joined the Pit and started smoking meat myself.

Welcome and I am REALLY interested in your story. As it turns out, I am eligible to apply for Italian citizenship because my grandparents came from Italy. As I near retirement, my wife and I are talking about making a move like yours. We have travelled around northern Italy and loved it.

Comment

Welcome, cohenkin You're a cousin of Lord Mayor Briscoe of Dublin, and I am one too! (Clancy Brothers & Tommy Makem song: Mr. Moses Ri-Tooral-I-Ay https://music.apple.com/us/album/mr-...48?i=193095065 As a fellow retiree, I'm just a bit jealous. My wife (also of 41 years this 18 May) and I would love to spend significant time in Italy. Have friends in Firenze. But, the 5 little grandkids keep us in Seattle for now. And that 2019 award winning Rogue Creamery cheese was the Rogue River Blue. Ciao!

Comment

• cohenkin
        cohenkin commented
        Editing a comment
        As my sainted zayda said, "Only in America could that happen!" The good thing about grandkids is they become more portable as they get older. My nieces and nephews love coming here! BTW, May 18 is my sister's birthday.

• Dr. Pepper
        Dr. Pepper commented
        Editing a comment
        Fortunately I can never forget our anniversary, since we married the day Mt. St. Helen exploded. We were on the west side of Puget Sound in my wife's parents' back yard. Had crossed the Sound on a ferry, but were too pre-occupied by the pending affair to look up and see the 18,000 meter column of ash to the south. I figure that the gods had indigestion, what with a Yid and a Norwegian forming a union. Happy Bday to your sister. And, was your Zayda's quote a reference to Yogi Barra?
        Last edited by Dr. Pepper; April 26, 2021, 09:24 PM.

• cohenkin
        cohenkin commented
        Editing a comment
        And an early happy anniversary to your wife and you!

"And, was your Zayda's quote a reference to Yogi Barra?" No, she was still pissed off at the Yankees for sweeping the Phillies in the 1950 World Series,

Welcome from St. Cloud, FL.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome Redwing!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here