Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mobydiq has arrived

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mobydiq has arrived

Hey fellow smokers and grillers. I've decided that in my advanced age I need some expert guidance in the world of smoking and grilling. I like to do most of my cooking on a rotisserie, which I think I'm pretty good at. I can do four slabs of ribs on my rib cage but have yet to figure out how to rotisserie soup. I've got an Oklahoma Joe that I've done a few mods to, it's pretty much air tight. I have an old BBQware grill that I keep rebuilding and all of my spinning on. I'm a tinkerer so I do a lot of experimenting with smokers and grills. That's part of the fun for me. I do remove the membrane, if that matters. I still have a lot to learn and will enjoy the journey.

​Welcome to The Pit Mobydiq! Let me guess, you named your smoker Cpt Ahab?
    Glad to have you here. I have zero experience in rotisserie, never interested me, but I love reading about things whether I intend to venture into them or not. Sous vide and bread baking are also in that vein for me.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

• Breadhead
      Breadhead commented
      Editing a comment
      @Huskee

"Sous vide and bread baking are also in that vein for me".

Hmmm... I can see you're about to bake a loaf of bread.

A couple of years ago Meathead said to me that he had a fear of flour. Now he's going to bread baking seminars. He made my Brioche hamburger bun recipe. I bet he will soon read my thread about Teaching Steve Vojtek how to make sourdough bread and make some real bread.

I see you as future Bread Master.

Breadhead...

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Breadhead of the 3 techniques I'd get into bread baking first. Maybe someday. Thanks for your confidence!

• Breadhead
      Breadhead commented
      Editing a comment
      @Huskee

For some strange reason MOST people think bread baking is very difficult. However... Everyone that takes the time to try it end up saying this is not nearly as difficult as I thought it was going to be. It's a forehead slapper once you realize how easy it is.

Just use the the time you wonder what to do while you are smoking a pork butt or brisket for 15 to 18 hours.

Here's an easy Ciabatta bread recipe with instructions you can make in 4 to 6 hours, depending on your ambient temperature.

Use the direct method to learn with. Later you can use the indirect method and get a better loaf of bread.

This is much, much easier than the type of bread Steve Vojtek and Chudzikb learned with.
      Last edited by Breadhead; August 11, 2015, 04:46 PM.

Welcome to the Pit Mobydiq!

Comment

Welcome Aboard Mobydiq

Comment

Welcome Mobydiq. You will love the Pit.

Comment

welcome aboard!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here