Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Delaware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Delaware

Howdy fellow grillers! I've been 4-seasons grilling for decades & for the past 2 on one of those cheap offset grills (Char-Griller Smokin' Pro). Yeah, I know. I've managed to produce some decent Memphis-style ribs; used "Meathead's Memphis Dust" rub last Sunday & earned a "best ribs ever" from the wife & guests. Exposure, the ol' grill's lousy quality covers (and my laziness) are rusting it out. I want to upgrade, esp. w/regard to temp control. Those highly rated grills and smokers look great! But ​ that amount of money is out of the question. And we will rarely hold big parties down the road. So I'm thinking about shifting gears and going with the Weber Premium 26" and learning how to sear & smoke in a tighter but more controlled space. Might pick up one of those steel rib racks to add capacity. If you've tried this, feedback, please. Cheers!
    Last edited by WillieMac; April 12, 2021, 07:21 AM.

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas, Texas!

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota.

Comment

Greetings and welcome from North Carolina.

Comment

The Weber would be a great upgrade particularly if you add a Slow N Sear from SNS Grills.

Comment

• HawkerXP
            HawkerXP commented
            Editing a comment
            +2

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Slow and Sear XL

• WillieMac
            WillieMac commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks, zero_credit. Looks like a must. Gonna do it!

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

• WillieMac
            WillieMac commented
            Editing a comment
            Clearly a Weber man!

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome from south Texas!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! Weber kettles are a multi purpose cooker! Good choice!!

Comment

Welcome from Colorado ... 'sounds like a Weber 26" would serve you well ...

Comment

• WillieMac
                  WillieMac commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks. I'm going for it.

And welcome from PA (I live just over the DE border not far from Wilmington)!

Comment

Can anyone point me to the recipe for "Rub Me Tender"? I looked in the free site but didn't find it.

And Welcome, WillieMac!

Comment

• Donw
                    Donw commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I think he is confused with the name. "Rub Me Tender" is a commercial rub available on some sites.

• WillieMac
                    WillieMac commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Donw, I did confuse that. I was thinking of Meathead's Memphis Dust. Worth a try if you haven't, steve_woolston. https://amazingribs.com/tested-recip...ust-rub-recipe

Welcome from the California Delta.

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!

Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

Delaware, huh? Kewl!

Tell "Lonesome George" that ol' Mr. Bones done said "Howdy"
                    Last edited by Mr. Bones; April 13, 2021, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Welcome from Pittsburgh, PA!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here