Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from West Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from West Texas

Been a member for about a year or so. I figured it was about time I came out of the shadows. 58 years of trial and error ( mostly error) and I’ve just about achieved mediocre. I’ve owned cheap equipment and no so cheap equipment for grilling and smoking. Current setup is a redesigned outdoor kitchen I rebuilt myself about 2 years ago. A full year of gnashing teeth and watching YouTube videos and about 1 month to build , partial tear down and rebuild.
    Current setup,is XL Big Green Egg, 42” Blaze 5 burner grill with Blaze Power Burner. Warming drawers, storage, sink and bar. Currently evaluating table top pizza ovens.
    I’ve begun experimenting with fruit based bbq sauces. Cherry, Blackberry ...adding some mild kick with hatch peppers and maybe some cayenne.
    I need a good set of knives still. I’m registered for the Meat-Up so I’m hoping there might be some knife vendors there. Tried my first Sous Vide steaks with a sear ending this past weekend. Worth the small effort for sure.
    Beverage of choice is beer, IPA’s and some stouts. I’ve been known to travel a long ways for a beer release. Dechutes in Portland, OR for Abyss and Santa Rosa, CA for a 12 hour wait in the rain for Pliney the Elder ( Common sense level = very low).
    I smoke ribs (Wife is from Memphis so I have standards that must be met), pork butt and brisket.
    most unique thing I’ve smoked is Nacho Dip this past year and it was rocking.
    Love to discuss/help with any of the above.
    Attached Files

Could you ship some of those warming drawers to East Texas?

Thanks for the support!!

Comment

Howdy from Wilson County, Texas!

Comment

Welcome from central Texas!

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta.

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota.

Comment

Welcome from Colorado ... nice setup!

Comment

Well, you’ve got quite the operation & you are not the average & ordinary backyard cooker. But, the most important thing is yer wife keepin ya on yer toes with the Wibs! Welcome, eat good & have fun!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas, Texas! Nice BBQ set up.

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome to the posting side of The Pit.

Comment

Welcome to the speaking side of the Pit. I assume we can now blame you for the Meat Up being canceled for this year.

Comment

Welcome to the posting side. Nice setup you have there. We really enjoy some fruit based rubs on certain proteins too. We love our blueberry rub on chicken for instance. Keep us in the loop on any new creations.

Comment

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Wow, great set up. You’ll have fun here.
                              By the way, most of the time I melt the ingredients of the nacho dip. Easier to get it on chips. I learned that from Panhead John.

Comment

• Panhead John
                                Panhead John commented
                                Editing a comment
                                ???

• Soonerpop
                                Soonerpop commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Panhead John Well, it was an attempt at improving which was obviously too subtle or not subtle enough. His pic of the big tub of nacho dip wasn’t melted (pre-smoked) and all in chunks and pieces. Sorry. I’ll go straight for slapstick next time.

• Soonerpop
                                Soonerpop commented
                                Editing a comment
                                An attempt at humor....damn spell check again.

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here