Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

John here from Leesburg, VA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John here from Leesburg, VA

Hi all,

John here from Leesburg, VA. Have been looking around at smokers for a while and finally pulled the trigger on a REC TEC Mini. I also have a Weber Genesis Silver B that I've had for maybe 8 or 9 years now.

Had a ball last weekend smoking bacon to test out the REC TEC and then some baby back ribs the next day. Part of me wishes I had gotten the full size REC TEC, but it was a bit hard to justify in my own head as its just me and my wife in the house.

Just wanted to say hello to everyone.

Welcome John, my friend got one of those mini's and loves it, he is having a bit of a challenge adapting to temp controls though, he has been doing it all the wrong way for so long it is a problem.

Comment

Welcome John. you will enjoy your time in the pit.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! Looking forward to some pictures of your cooks.

Comment

​Welcome to The Pit Butterman / John! We're glad to have you here as well. There's another fella here from Leesburg. Must be the BBQ town of VA eh? Great job on your signature.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Thanks all, nice to be here.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit

Comment

Welcome, Butterman , from a fellow......well, errr, ummmm ......Leesburger? LOL
              Glad to see you and have some more Leesburg representation. CONGRATS and good luck with your new Rec-tec! I've learned a ton here. Looking forward to seeing pics and descriptions of your cooks!

Just so you know, the rule here is that if you don't have a pic, it didn't happen!

Rich

Comment

• Butterman
                Butterman commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks Rich.... Leesburger works well for this site. :-) I'll have to get started on pictures because that means so far nothing, other than me really exists.

Hey Butter! Welcome!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here