Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BruceB here, in the PNW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BruceB here, in the PNW

New PBC owner, and already done two cooks in it. A couple of fat chickens the first time, and had some issues with low temp due to my startup procedure. Last Saturday got it started correctly, and had great results with three racks of SLC ribs, and another chicken. Beef is next !

Have fun with that dude and welcome!!!!

I don't have anything planned on mine for the weekend. Course it don't take much to get ribs on the menu.

Comment

Hey Brucie! WELCOME!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Bruce! Those are nice looking racks there. I'm wondering if you hadn't already made ribs a few times in your life before getting the PBC

Thanks for filling out the Sig!

Comment

• BruceB
          BruceB commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the welcomes!

I've done ribs a few times in an oven over the years, but never on a BBQ or slow cooker. My first attempt back in July was using the indirect method on the gas grille per the instructions on this site to do 3 racks of baby backs, rubbed with MMD and some homemade sauce added at the end. They were tasty, but dry, and I overheated the sauce. Decided right then and there to order a PBC based on the reviews here and other places out on the interweb.

These came out really good, but I could have used a few minutes less again on the glaze. One rack was really long and was just touching the coals when first hung.

Welcome to the club, a lot of very useful information on this site and a lot of help in the chat rooms. enjoy

Comment

Welcome! What temp were you running? I never get that kind of pullback on mine...I run around 270.

Comment

• BruceB
            BruceB commented
            Editing a comment
            Generally about 260 to 270. It zoomed up to 300 a couple of times when I had opened the lid. I think total time was just about 4 hours, including taking them off to add the sauce. The lid was cracked open for the last 20 minutes or so to try to get the chicken skin crisp, but it also crisped the very bottom of the racks.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here