Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ken in the Falls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ken in the Falls

I live in Niagara Falls, Ontario, and have been smokin for 6 years, still learning. My first smoke was when I lived in Saudi Arabia and for Juneteenth we did chickens ( a friend from Austin brought his smoker over). A great introduction. Moved back stateside and then up north and started with a gas grill before getting into an upright smoker for a few months before I bought a Traeger, using it ever since and love it. What do I smoke? Meats. Love doing Turkeys, Ribs, Chicken, Pork and Beef and the odd Pizza. Primarily smoke using Mesquite as the #1, with follow ups as Apple and Hickory

I've been making my own rub for years and lately my own sauce (KC style). Wife says no more store bought sauces. Turkeys are wet brined and the family loves it. Can't keep the moist white meat from disappearing. We eat a lot of Baby Back Ribs and with the Traeger I have found it best when I do a 1-1-1 and applying the sauce 20 minutes before completion. When the ribs are wrapped I use Apple juice for that hour. They keep getting better and better.

Hey, I love to cook and don't mind being in the kitchen.

Ken

Welcome to the Pit Ken Dowswell! Looking forward to seeing pictures of some of that fabulous food you're cooking.

Comment

​Welcome to The Pit Ken Dowswell! Glad to have you here, thanks for the support.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Hey Ken! Welcome aboard.

Comment

Welcome from the Lower 48. I guess you do a lot of cold weather smoking?

Comment

Welcome Ken!

Comment

Hello from Calgary! Go Flames!

Comment

Welcome Aboard Ken

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here