Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from San Antonio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from San Antonio

Hi y'all, just joined the club after seeing some of the info posted in here, great forum!
    I am pretty new to grilling and I am currently deciding on my first Charcoal grill (hope y'all can help me on that). I have been cooking for most of my life and grew up on the kitchen in my grandma's restaurant, so I am not a total failure as a cook. I have recently developed a passion for all things BBQ and want to learn and get new ideas here to entertain my guests (hopefully soon when all the craziness is over).

Thank you for such a great resource!

Welcome from Colorado ...

A great place to start with charcoal grilling and smoking is a kettle from Weber or SnS Grills with the SnS accessories.

Comment

• jfmorris
      jfmorris commented
      Editing a comment
      I second this. A 22” kettle is the most versatile cooker I own. So many ways to cook on it, and so many accessories available.

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      +2 ☝️
      Last edited by Panhead John; March 9, 2021, 05:20 PM.

• gcdmd
      gcdmd commented
      Editing a comment
      +3. Can't go wrong.

Howdy from Wilson County, just east of you! Glad you’re here.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas, Texas!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! Yes! A Weber kettle and the SnS!

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta.

Comment

Thank you all, it's great to be here!
            To follow-up on my grill needs: I LOVE the convenience of a pellet grill/smoker (I work long hours, and I am on call on weekends, so having something that I can have the piece of mind that won't go off if I leave for a few hours is a definite plus). I really like the flavor profile of charcoal, and would be great to be able to sear a nice steak from time to time, so of course I saw the Masterbuilt 1050 as an option, but some of the concerns with durability worry me. We are currently redoing our backyard, and the wifey allows for up to $3,000 for the grill (But of course if I come with a $3,000 grill, I will sleep in the couch for a week, it is a trick budget! What would be everyone's recommendation based on this info?

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

MBMorgan gave you a great suggestion. With either of those grills and a Slow N Sear from Slow N sear you can cook anything that will fit in it. The real question is how many might you be cookin' for. If more than a family, you might want something larger.

Comment

Well, ya hang around here long enough ya know ya go for the moon. If’n yer allowed 3GS plan on 2900 and you’ll look good cuz ya came under budget. With that you can get an SnS with the accessories, especially an a SlowN’Sear and mebbee a small pellet pooper like a Gorilla or a Davey Crocket. Welcome, eat good and have fun!

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota.

Comment

Welcome from Pittsburgh, PA!

Comment

Well, you can’t go wrong starting with a Weber kettle. I see your need for a pellet grill, so you could get a Grilla Pellet smoker (I’ve seen it at their showroom here, nice) and have money left!

Comment

• Soonerpop
                        Soonerpop commented
                        Editing a comment
                        And welcome from north Texas! Let us know what you do.

For $3000 you could get some really high end gear - or a good pellet smoker AND a charcoal grill. Personally, if I could only keep one cooker, it would be my 22” Weber Performer Deluxe.

I am thinking of building an outdoor kitchen this summer and if I do, it will incorporate my Slow ‘N Sear Deluxe Kamado, and my Camp Chef FTG900 flat top. I’ve found that griddle cooking is super fun and convenient for so many types of food that it’s hard to imagine doing without one. I rarely use my Weber Genesis anymore. And the kamado is just a really great cooker that is easy to build in.
                      Last edited by jfmorris; March 9, 2021, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Welcome from Maryland.

Comment

Hello from NW Oregon.
                          Happy BBQ'n to you

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here