Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gozney Dome Pizza Oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gozney Dome Pizza Oven

Does anyone have any experience or knowledge about the new Gozney Dome? This company also makes the Roccbox.

Make wood-fired cooking easy with the Dome, the world’s most versatile outdoor oven.

No but it sure looks cool.

Comment

• treesmacker
      treesmacker commented
      Editing a comment
      +1

• Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m drooling

If I read the info on the site correctly, it’s not even available until March’21. But I agree it looks pretty cool.

Comment

• kenrobin
      kenrobin commented
      Editing a comment
      Right, just curious if anyone has heard anything about it. A friend of mine asked me about it a few months ago.

really, 13 hundred dollars. now I know more about them than I want to.

Comment

kenrobin have you seen/downloaded the specifications pdf they link to on the site? There's some additional info there. I'm particularly intrigued by the stone being about 1.25" thick. I haven't seen any preproduction testing anywhere, so we all might just have to wait until next year to get any real world info. If it delivers as promised it looks to be very interesting.

Comment

• kenrobin
        kenrobin commented
        Editing a comment
        I just checked out the pdf (thanks for the tip) & it looks really impressive. I'm looking forward to seeing a few reviews when it finally arrives next year.

We're supposed to get one in the spring. Stay tuned.

Comment

• kenrobin
        kenrobin commented
        Editing a comment
        Awesome! I can't wait to read about your thoughts on it!

• Uncle Bob
        Uncle Bob commented
        Editing a comment
        Max Good, are you scheduled to get one early, or about the same time as the folks who've "pre-registered"?

• Max Good
        Max Good commented
        Editing a comment
        Uncle Bob We didn't get an exact date. They said they'd ship when available.

Yea I'm thinking its cool looking but its 28" in diameter with a 16" opening? they make it seem like its a commercial 5' width model. $1299 (plus tax plus shipping) is a pretty hefty price tag. Lots of other pizza oven options, but hey, you would be the unique pizza king of the block with that baby

Comment

• tbob4
        tbob4 commented
        Editing a comment
        I looked at the video and couldn’t figure out the size. Thanks for catching that.

• Uncle Bob
        Uncle Bob commented
        Editing a comment
        Somehow I'm missing the point of what appears to be criticism. While they offer a gas fired option the design is primarily aimed at the wood fired world. No wood fired pizza oven has a huge opening (relative to overall size) and there are formulae for calculating the optimum opening size for heat retention, confinement, and exhaust to the ceiling. This design appears consistent with those calculations.

Does anyone know about Alpha Allegro pizza ovens?

Comment

• treesmacker
        treesmacker commented
        Editing a comment
        Only that I can't afford one.

Hi all, I know this thread is a bit dated, but thought I’d check in here before starting a new one. The Dome looks amazing, but does anyone have any experience smoking / low and slow on it? Basically I’m trying to figure out if the dome and a grill essentially help cover every kind of outdoor cooking I’d like to do (I think) - particularly including slow roasting meats and veggies. Any thoughts or feedback is most appreciated. Thanks !

Comment

I've got one. Mine is propane/wood.
        it gets hot for sure. I've never tried low temp cooking on it but 600 is about as low as I can get it on propane.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here