Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Green mountain grill accessory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Green mountain grill accessory

Anyone have one of these? I am wanting a pizza oven pretty bad but can't pull the trigger on a 500$ ooni koda 16,(i would have to get the 16 now that is out) thought maybe i could justify the price on a daniel boone pellet smoker since i could cook many different foods, and buy this accessory. Says it gets upto 800 degrees......thoughts? Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200719-205404_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Views:	396
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	883488

Looks interesting...but couldn’t a raised pizza stone get similar results?
    I don’t have a pellet cooker so I can’t offer any insight on that end.
    OTOH, I do have a couple pizza stones for either the Summit charcoal or Summit gasser...and a Camp Chef Artisan Pizza oven for the Somerset IV.

Comment

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      How do you like the Camp Chef pizza oven?

• surfdog
      surfdog commented
      Editing a comment
      klflowers I've not had the opportunity to use it a lot, but so far I like it.

There are a lot of caveats about internet feedback on "pizza" (well, anything really). At the risk of sounding the snob, too often I start to read about "my pizza turned out fabulous....." only to eventually see they baked a Papa Murphy/Costco, or other, "take and bake". If that's a person's thing, that's fine, but not helpful for those who either make their own dough or buy "fresh" type dough. The take and bakes are made for mediocre (relative to more authentic pizza materials) cooking devices, so, in a sense, almost any cooker will work. For the more authentic types it's a bit more particular. Okay, qualifiers out of the way, choose as you wish.

This is one of the better reports/feedback I've seen. https://www.rectecforum.com/threads/...20/#post-19511 . It looks promising, and in the hands of a good experimenter might even be better. I don't know the skill levels of the writers, but the Trader Joe reference is somewhat hopeful. Personally, I've got a Griddle Hack (similar lower section to cap the fire box) for my pooper and it will maintain 400 on the griddle (with no food) pretty well, so putting a lid over it and cranking up the temp should make for some decent temps. Griddle Hack makes an add on cover but I haven't messed with getting it. So, there's at least some info for you.

Comment

• marshall
      marshall commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for input, im working on learning how to and hopefully someday perfecting Neapolitan pizza crust, so i need something hotter them my oven

I have that attachment for my Daniel Boone and I think its a winner. I have never cooked a frozen or Papa Murphy pizza. I like to make the dough from scratch. Takes a little testing to get it working just right. I set my grill at 335 and the temp on the stone is about 700 once you let it stabilize. I sometimes have to put the pizza on the peel and hold towards the top to finish cooking the toppings. that's an indication that you have too many or too much toppings on your pie.

Comment

Too much work to put it in and take it out when you want to make regular BBQ. I've passed on it to this point.

Comment

• marshall
        marshall commented
        Editing a comment
        Didn't think of that, thanks

Originally posted by Davek8282 View Post
      I sometimes have to put the pizza on the peel and hold towards the top to finish cooking the toppings. that's an indication that you have too many or too much toppings on your pie.
      Not an unusual occurrence. LOL

Comment

I bought one of these a while back and will say I really liked it. It gets HOT and the top of the pizza cooks nicely because of the hooded part of the attachment. You do have to turn the pizza to cook evenly, just as you would in a larger wood burning pizza oven - the difference being that it is considerably smaller space to work in, accomodating a single pizza at a time. I have since purchased a full size pizza oven and sold this unit. I would recommend this unit without reservation. I think it works geat. Hope that was helpful. Mine was on the Green Mountain Grill Jim Bowie.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here