Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting new pizza oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting new pizza oven

What do ya think?

Try our recipes popular recipes on fire pod pizza oven or grill meat that you can cook in nature or home and share with family and friends.

Pretty cool! I like how you can switch between "Hot Rock" cooking, regular oven and a griddle. Cool idea! Reasonably priced too!

Comment

Maybe I'm missing something but a little more info would be nice. Like, how hot does it get? Appears to be propane fired but doesn't really say that. Do you get a regulator with it? Good price, maybe too good?

Comment

I'm always on the lookout for what's going to replace my Blackstone when that time comes. I get the feeling this won't be it.

Comment

Looks interesting. Did you see anywhere how hot it gets for pizzas?

Comment

I agree that there is a lack of info, and I didn't see any good reviews in a quick search. It appears a lot of the info that there is, is UK based, so maybe this is a product that came across the pond. It might be worth an occasional search to see if any US based reviews pop up.

Comment

Originally posted by Troutman View Post
              Maybe I'm missing something but a little more info would be nice. Like, how hot does it get? Appears to be propane fired but doesn't really say that. Do you get a regulator with it? Good price, maybe too good?
              "Using BBQ gas for hassle free cooking." So yep, assuming that means propane (but admittedly that's an odd way to say propane).

I like retro look, very stylish IMO.

Comment

• Attjack
                Attjack commented
                Editing a comment
                Lol

• RonB
                RonB commented
                Editing a comment
                Troutman - I knew someone would go there...

• Troutman
                Troutman commented
                Editing a comment
                Yea I had to jump on that one quickly before someone stole my thunder

I wrote this thing off maybe too quickly. Max Good should probably take a closer look for us.

Comment

• Max Good
                Max Good commented
                Editing a comment
                We're currently looking at the new Ooni Koda.

Their pizza recipes say 3-4 minutes so I guess that would put it around 500-550F?

seems like thin walls. I’d want to see inside when fired up.

then there’s the direct competitor at that price point
              Can a home pizza oven be easy and convenient? With this backyard Ooni oven, it can.

Comment

• treesmacker
                treesmacker commented
                Editing a comment
                I like the Koda for its style and portability. Waiting on more reviews to show on Amazon; to date, just a single one star and a single five star review. Also, I need to curtail my wife's sewing MCS in order to satisfy mine. Father's day is not than far away, so... maybe!

• EdF
                EdF commented
                Editing a comment
                treesmacker , but Mothers Day comes first! ;-)

BTW, there's an Ooni Community on FB, and I've seen some very happy reports there on the Koda. https://www.facebook.com/groups/652135961591112/

• Polarbear777
                Polarbear777 commented
                Editing a comment
                I do pizzas in the indoor oven at 550 and they run 3-4 minutes, granted that’s only one data point.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here