Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Neighbor's Battle Over Couple's Backyard Pizza Oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sad

Comment

I agree with the decision.

But hear me out. The plaintiffs deserve understanding. Not a judgement, just understanding. They live in a second floor apartment, and the smoke from the large pizza oven wafts directly into their window.

Them not liking it doesn’t make them bad people. Them not wanting to move doesn’t make them bad people. Them feeling that they had a point (the oven is described as “a large, commercial pizza oven”, which, if it is what I think it is, looks like a 7’ high, 6’ diameter kamado) that the equipment is not suitable for a residential neighborhood doesn’t make them bad people. Them not wanting to attend the pizza parties, but rather stay home, doesn’t make them bad people. They just live differently, and want different things from their neighborhood.

They lost. They have to deal with it, or move. But this was the civil way to deal with it, in all senses of that word. Too many times we have seen people get destructive or pull guns over intractable disputes. These people went to court. That is what civilized people do. We pay for a court system to decide, and a decision was made.

They’ll probably move. But like Attjack said, precedent was established, so, while they lost, society wins; not in the name of pizza, but because the next time something like this comes up, it will be easier to decide.

Comment

• Mosca
        Mosca commented
        Editing a comment
        Attjack I’m not arguing the verdict. I agree with it. I’m saying that it was handled the way it should be. The guy owns apartment buildings, he doesn’t need $25k. But if he wins, the smoke goes away.

It’s all good. Justice prevailed. Yeah, the people are what we call “nyin yas”, can’t make ‘em happy unless they win with no compromise. But that’s what the courts are for.

• Clark
        Clark commented
        Editing a comment
        Mosca I disagree with your premise that "society wins" with this decision. i think society will continue sinking lower as other people will see this and think it would be okay for them to sue other people with equally frivolous problems.

In any case, the loser should have to pay all court and lawyer costs for both sides. That will stop a lot of these petty lawsuits.

• Sid P
        Sid P commented
        Editing a comment
        I think you’re being very, VERY generous. Speak with the authorities? Sure. File a formal complaint if you don’t get anywhere? Absolutely. Call the police and fire department multiple times and then file a lawsuit? Sorry, you’ve gone way too far.

Mosca you are a better man then me.

I just feel bad for the people that live in the next neighborhood these pricks move to.
      My take …shitbirds looking for a payout.
      Right verdict, now file suit for the damages and legal cost. Teach them a lesson the obviously need to learn.

‘course I’m just some midwestern redneck so what do I know.
      Last edited by CHNeal; February 5, 2023, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Could not imagine, our neighbors love when I’m outside cooking, sometimes they get some. I’ve handed tacos through the fence slots to dad’s in the park playing ball.

Comment

• Mosca
          Mosca commented
          Editing a comment
          When my neighbor lights up the grill, I walk outside and breathe deeply.

• Richard Chrz
          Richard Chrz commented
          Editing a comment
          When my neighbor lights up a grill, I’m already outside grilling, or at minimum staring at grills 😁

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here