Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dilemma! What should I do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crpeck
    replied
    Did you fill out the return webpage on Amazon to see what the return directions are?

Leave a comment:

• bbqLuv
    replied
    Good luck, that is a problem with online ordering.
    I'm of the opinion if the company doesn't have exactly what you ordered they shipped the next closest thing

Leave a comment:

• Bighorn Dave
    replied
    Only one reasonable and smart option and that is send it back as suggested in option #1

Leave a comment:

• tenphases
    replied
    Ask for your money back. They will ask you to box it up and send it back. Tell them no, you are happy to return it but are not going to do their job. They will probably tell you to keep it and send you the new one anyway.

If they arrive to take it back, thank them and give it back. Then you will get the one you originally wanted anyway. If they don't keep it and use it in the meanwhile, donate it to a church, fire or police dept, boys and girls club, they could all use it.

Leave a comment:

• Donw
    replied
    I’ll pile on too. Send it back. Amazon has been doing this a lot lately. I got my Amazon account in 1995 when it was primarily a book store, and then signed up for Prime when it was first announce. Decades went by and I had no real complaints until recently, especially with items ordered not being what was delivered, or items delivered that were obviously previously returned and then resold. The have to do a much better job policing their marketplace sellers. I went from no refund requests in years to 3 so far this month.

Leave a comment:

• Yohawk
    replied
    I’d return it as well. Nice to get a new toy, but if it’s not what you wanted, 2 or 3 months down the road you’ll end up regretting settling. Don’t ask how I know!

Leave a comment:

• Bkhuna
    commented on 's reply
    Get a Prime membership and use the Prime Wardrobe feature to "try before you buy". Avoid buying from third party sellers, especially if you can't verify their country of origin.

• Bkhuna
    replied
    Take it as a sign by the Gods and send it back. I don't think the thing will work well and you have dodged wasting you money.

Leave a comment:

• BBQPhil
    replied
    Return it to Amazon and post a review of the product complaining about the company. The company will likely contact you and work harder to provide what you ordered.

Leave a comment:

• FireMan
    replied
    This is like a Dear Abby column, the advice keeps pourin in.
    I also think it will be a chore tallying up the votes.

Leave a comment:

• JimLinebarger
    replied
    #1 But also contact Amazon since it is showing that it ships from them.

Leave a comment:

• JimLinebarger
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks, Red.

• radiodome21
    replied
    My wife ordered some clothes from Amazon. They arrived and didn’t fit so she asked me to handle the return since it’s my account. Well, I went through with the refund and found out that while Amazon was the market place she bought them from, the seller was not Amazon. Anyway once I initiated the return the seller reached out to me. The clothes weren’t eligible for free returns and I’d have to pay to send them back to China. They did refund the balance minus the shipping charges. So my advice is to reach out to the seller and start from there.

Leave a comment:

• Troutman
    replied
    Amazon is getting so bad. They have screwed up several of my orders of late. We are within 5 miles of of two gigantic Amazon warehouse distribution centers. Their trucks are in my neighborhood daily. Yet their service seems to be steadily going down hill. It's almost as bad (but thank gawd not quite as) the USPS. Still the most convenient option out there but I just had to rant a little.

I'd send it back IF it was ordered through Prime and you have free return. I know your itching to make those pies but screw them.

Leave a comment:

• Attjack
    commented on 's reply
    I keep editing the link and it keeps reverting to a stovetop oven instead of the one for the grill. https://www.amazon.com/BakerStone-AB...77&sr=8-3&th=1

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here