Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dilemma! What should I do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dilemma! What should I do?

A week or so ago I posted about this "pizza oven" contraption for a gas grill. I ordered it because I had a $50 gift credit from Amazon. When I bought it, it said it wouldn't arrive for about 5 or 6 weeks, presumably since it had to ship from China, and I was ok with that. Well, lo and behold, a cooler of days ago a large package unexpectedly arrived in the Amazon Prime delivery van. I opened it to find a gas grill pizza oven. EXCEPT, it wasn't the one I ordered. It was very similar, but different. Some of the differences (handles on the sides) were upgrades, and some of them ( not adjustable as to length) were drawbacks. When initially shopping for it, I saw both and chose to buy the adjustable one over the one with handles. Also, the one they sent me was a bit lower price than the one I bought.

So here's the dilemma: When it arrived, I was really happy I didn't have to wait 5 or 6 weeks for the slow boat from China. I immediately went and whipped up some pizza dough which is sitting in the fridge, ready to bake. So, what should I/2lwould you do?

1. Box it up, send it back and wait the 5-6 weeks I originally expected, and bake my pizza in the indoor oven?
    2. Do nothing - use the one I got and forget about the fact that it isn't what I ordered.
    3. Get in touch with the seller and ask them to refund the price difference and keep the "bird in hand?"
    4. Cook pizza in it tonight, then return it and wait for the correct one to show up?

I honestly don't know consequences of it not being adjustable. My original thought was that if I expanded it to cover the whole width of my cooking grates it might capture more heat from the burners and get hotter inside than just putting it over some of them, but I don't really know that. What say you Pitmasters and pizzaioli?

I'd go with #1

Comment

• Jim White
      Jim White commented
      Editing a comment
      Ditto.

I agree with gcdmd .

It's so tempting to have a new toy sitting at the front door. I understand your eagerness to unpack it and get it going.

But you had good reasons for choosing the one you did. Six weeks is only maybe 3 to 5 more pizzas that will have to go into the indoor oven. Not a lot in the grand scale of future pizza cooks.

Kathryn

Comment

Option #6 or #7.
      6. Order pizza.
      7. Punt.
      8. Quando omni flunkus moritari !
      (When all else fails, play dead)

Comment

• gcdmd
        gcdmd commented
        Editing a comment
        Always helpful

• JimLinebarger
        JimLinebarger commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, Red.

I'd go with #1 as well.

Comment

I'm with everyone else. Go with option #1.

Comment

Option 1. I have the Italia double pizza oven topper for my camp stove and love it BTW.

Comment

I am an impatient cuss, so I would go for #3 myself probably. As long as it will accomplish what you want.

Comment

• Dewesq55
              Dewesq55 commented
              Editing a comment
              I like this. And if it doesn't accomplish what I want, I can always convert to #4, right?

get a magic eight ball, a glass of bourbon, and do some soul searching.

Comment

• Dewesq55
              Dewesq55 commented
              Editing a comment
              If I try it out and it works satisfactorily, I'll keep it and see if they'll adjust the price. I will only send it back if it doesn't work for me. Doing that won't upset my soul in the slightest

I'd get in touch with the seller and get it sorted one way or the other before using. That way no bad karma on either end. We have all made unintentional mistakes.

Comment

I would go with number 1

Comment

#4 would be out for me. If I use something it's mine unless it is actually defective. I'd just figure out how important the difference between this one and what you ordered is. If, looking at this, you don't really care, I'd go for 3, otherwise 1.

Is the price gap much money? I tend to let things like this go if it's trivial ($10 etc) since it's usually more hassle than the money is worth. $50+? I'd want the price adjusted.

Comment

• Huskee
                  Huskee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If I were to expand on my words above, I'd pretty much say the same as you said here.

Send it back and buy the one linked below in my other comment.

https://amazingribs.com/ratings-reviews/pizza-ovens/bakerstone-pizza-oven-box/
                Last edited by Attjack; August 13, 2021, 02:40 PM.

Comment

• Dewesq55
                  Dewesq55 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Too small

• Attjack
                  Attjack commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If I were you I would worry about performance. I don't think you'll get good performance without a top stone. I could be wrong. But 15" is a good-sized pizza. They claim pizza cooks in 2-4 minutes. Seems like you could have 3 15" pies in about 10-15 minutes. Would that be too small?

• Attjack
                  Attjack commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I keep editing the link and it keeps reverting to a stovetop oven instead of the one for the grill. https://www.amazon.com/BakerStone-AB...77&sr=8-3&th=1

I would send it back wait for what you want. #1 for me as well.

Comment

#1. Wait for what you want, you were expecting to do so anyway.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here