Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dilemma! What should I do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• texastweeter
    replied
    Option 1. I have the Italia double pizza oven topper for my camp stove and love it BTW.

Leave a comment:

• Draznnl
    replied
    I'm with everyone else. Go with option #1.

Leave a comment:

• STEbbq
    replied
    I'd go with #1 as well.

Leave a comment:

• Jim White
    commented on 's reply
    Ditto.

• FireMan
    replied
    Option #6 or #7.
    6. Order pizza.
    7. Punt.
    8. Quando omni flunkus moritari !
    (When all else fails, play dead)

Leave a comment:

• fzxdoc
    replied
    I agree with gcdmd .

It's so tempting to have a new toy sitting at the front door. I understand your eagerness to unpack it and get it going.

But you had good reasons for choosing the one you did. Six weeks is only maybe 3 to 5 more pizzas that will have to go into the indoor oven. Not a lot in the grand scale of future pizza cooks.

Kathryn

Leave a comment:

• gcdmd
    replied
    I'd go with #1

Leave a comment:

• Dewesq55
    started a topic Dilemma! What should I do?

Dilemma! What should I do?

A week or so ago I posted about this "pizza oven" contraption for a gas grill. I ordered it because I had a $50 gift credit from Amazon. When I bought it, it said it wouldn't arrive for about 5 or 6 weeks, presumably since it had to ship from China, and I was ok with that. Well, lo and behold, a cooler of days ago a large package unexpectedly arrived in the Amazon Prime delivery van. I opened it to find a gas grill pizza oven. EXCEPT, it wasn't the one I ordered. It was very similar, but different. Some of the differences (handles on the sides) were upgrades, and some of them ( not adjustable as to length) were drawbacks. When initially shopping for it, I saw both and chose to buy the adjustable one over the one with handles. Also, the one they sent me was a bit lower price than the one I bought.

So here's the dilemma: When it arrived, I was really happy I didn't have to wait 5 or 6 weeks for the slow boat from China. I immediately went and whipped up some pizza dough which is sitting in the fridge, ready to bake. So, what should I/2lwould you do?

1. Box it up, send it back and wait the 5-6 weeks I originally expected, and bake my pizza in the indoor oven?
    2. Do nothing - use the one I got and forget about the fact that it isn't what I ordered.
    3. Get in touch with the seller and ask them to refund the price difference and keep the "bird in hand?"
    4. Cook pizza in it tonight, then return it and wait for the correct one to show up?

I honestly don't know consequences of it not being adjustable. My original thought was that if I expanded it to cover the whole width of my cooking grates it might capture more heat from the burners and get hotter inside than just putting it over some of them, but I don't really know that. What say you Pitmasters and pizzaioli?

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here