Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Morso Pizza Oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morso Pizza Oven

Our local BBQ store just brought these in about 6 months ago and I have seriously considered it for its versatility.
    I do love cast iron and this looks like it could fulfill many roles on the patio.

Mmmm, summer evenings, open fires and a real Italian atmosphere. Yes, the outdoor kitchen can and should offer more than traditional barbecued food. A Morsø Outdoor Oven spreads warmth on the patio and enables you to prepare crisp, crunchy pizzas and perfect bread in just a few minutes.  As illustrated, the Morsø Outdo

Looks cool but none of the pictures show it being cooked in and there doesn't appear to be a lot of room in there for the food.

Comment

If you can, you should stop into your local spot and take some action shots for us. We always love seeing new cookers in action. I love the cast iron idea and this one looks really cool. I love the style.

It would be cool to see this in action. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

$2K and doesn't include the cart. Way too rich for my blood. Looks nice, though.
        Last edited by Dewesq55; August 10, 2021, 06:26 PM.

Comment

• DrJimmy2112
          DrJimmy2112 commented
          Editing a comment
          Unfortunately too rich for me as well. My $200 propane pizza oven is working ok for now

This has gotta be one of the biggest ripoffs I’ve ever seen. What can you do with it? What’s the versatility of it? They don’t even show a cooking grate. Looks like it’ll fit 2 Hot Pockets maybe.
        Last edited by Panhead John; September 9, 2021, 08:20 PM.

Comment

• Debra
          Debra commented
          Editing a comment
          Rust away?
          Solid cast iron will NOT rust away in your lifetime or mine.
          As for fitting 2 hotpockets? LMBO don't be naughty. A GOOD insult requires thought and validity.
          As for the $50.00 Old Smokey? If that is affordable and usable for you and satisfies you that would be an excellent piece of equipment for you to purchase.

• Red Man
          Red Man commented
          Editing a comment
          Two hot pockets!!! It looks like you’d be lucky to fit one hot pocket!

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          Debra Ok, let’s do this, instead of all our back and forths, please tell all of us what you would cook on this thing and how. Please justify the price for us, I’m gonna shut up and let you respond. Just tell us everything you know about this and why we should buy one. Thanks!

Don't know the validity of your source or this one... but this one will save you a few hundred bucks... Morso Forno Outdoor Pizza Oven (blackhillsfireplace.com)

Comment

• Debra
          Debra commented
          Editing a comment
          Panhead John
          I believe in an individuals choice in spending their own money as they see fit.
          Accusing another of stupidity because of their preference of equipment based on your own assumption of the equipments value seems a bit elitist. Maybe a bit of jealousy raising its ugly head?
          I agree it is expensive but value is in quality a lot of times. You should take a bit of time to research what the Morso is capable of and how it is built.

• Attjack
          Attjack commented
          Editing a comment
          Debra, Panhead John is just kidding around like he always does.

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you Debra for your response. The one thing we’re all wondering though is what this thing is capable of. There is no jealousy raising its ugly head on my part, I can assure you of that. Please enlighten us of what this is capable of and how it is built. You’d think they’d just put that on their website. Please save us all some time and just tell us what exactly it does and why they don’t picture food or cooking grates on their website. Thanks!
          Last edited by Panhead John; September 9, 2021, 09:31 PM.

Panhead John.
        IF I took your comments wrong I apologize.
        Woud I buy the Morso? MAYBE if I decided it was to my liking and offered me value or pleasure.
        Would price dissuade me? Not if it was to my liking.
        I shared the product because supposedly AMAZING RIBS is a BBQ cooking site even though with the variety of non related topics it is a bit hard to discern that the main goal is supposed to be cooking.
        There are many sites and instructional videos on the net describing and actually showing the functionality of the Morso. If it interests you research it if it does not interest you check it off your list.

Comment

No problem Debra, thanks for your reply. The only reason I was questioning this product is because in your original post you had mentioned that you were seriously considering it for its "versatility" and that you were considering it because it could "fulfill many roles on your patio". Yet after numerous questions asking to explain your comments, you’ve yet to answer them. I was just really hoping you could explain its value to me, because their website is no help at all. Usually if a member here at AR recommends a product, they normally back it up with reasons why they can recommend it. Thanks!
          Last edited by Panhead John; September 9, 2021, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Panhead John. I believe you should read my original post again. I absolutely never recommrnded the Morso to anyone. I stated that I was considering the purchase. This after speaking to the owner of the shop who is VERY respected in the BBQ circles in Kansas City. I have purchased from them for nearly 40 years and only been disappointed one time. As for failing to answer numerous questions? There were no questions asked. You did make an insulting post which I responded to and you seem to want to continue.
            As for the Morsos versatility? It is a Pizza oven which will actually do much more than using only the stone.. Remove the top and it becomes a firepit which is also multifunctional with a bit of thought. Cast iron cooking etc. As I said there are many videos on the net if you care to do your research.
            Last edited by Debra; September 9, 2021, 10:25 PM.

Comment

• glitchy
              glitchy commented
              Editing a comment
              Just curious, your introduction was something like New to BBQ, right? And you joined to lurk and learn? But, you’ve been buying from a BBQ shop for nearly 40 years? Like I mentioned just curious as those are pieces I put together, I”m spectacular at missing the obvious though. I saw this thread when it first showed up and thought it was pretty weird such a great pizza oven wouldn’t show a single cooking pic. Saw it was still going and hopped in hoping to finally see a cooking shot of the thing.

• Debra
              Debra commented
              Editing a comment
              glitchy. Yes my first post does state I am new to the BBQ world. I'm not completely clueless though as I have used a Big Green Egg for over 20 years, a Beefeater gas grill for nearly that length of time, an Amerique for 15 years or more, and own a Cookshack SM066, and PG500. I do consider myself a newbie to the BBQ world as the equipment and technique continue to evolve.
              I am also an accomplished cook inside my kitchen. Taught by my Grandmother and 40 plus years of practice for my family.

Panhead John. Your edit to post #8 tells me all I need to know about you as well as your intentions. Your next move will be to deny the content of your original post #8 and the change you made to try to salvage your dignity. You sir are not worth discussing this or any other topic with. You are dishonest.

Comment

• Panhead John
              Panhead John commented
              Editing a comment
              Debra, sorry to disappoint you, but no I did not. I have not deleted any of my posts with you. But thanks for asking! I just edited this post. See if you can guess the changes. 🧐
              Last edited by Panhead John; September 10, 2021, 05:19 PM.

• Debra
              Debra commented
              Editing a comment
              I will apologize as I have wrongly accused you of deleting your post. It is still there and I missed it. As for your edit of post # 8? Are you denying that? You did attempt to change the narrative of your post completely.

• Panhead John
              Panhead John commented
              Editing a comment
              Geez, can we please just drop this? I moved on from here this morning. I edit posts all the time, usually for grammar or typos, I have no idea what I changed in that post. OMG, don’t be so obsessed with an edit. I’m done here.

I think, after doing a bit of research, that it's a decent rig. A bit spendy, but sturdily built.The contemporary styling looks great, and since the cast iron is enameled, should last and look good for a long time. It comes with grates for broiling and so forth, and the reviews I saw were good. Like many rigs, it will have a learning curve.There are videos for that, so I've seen. At 60X70 cm, that equates to 23-5/8 x 27-9/16 inches. Plenty big enough for a 16 inch pizza with the fire pushed to the back. Just ask yourself how many will you typically be cooking for. For 8 or less, easy peasy. For more, and you might have to wait a bit depending on the pizza size, etc.

In short, if it captures your imagination, and will make you more engaged in your cooking, do it!

By the way, I make pizzas for a living..lol

Comment

Here is a video of pizza being made on the Morso. Looks decent to me but pricey. I could see how this could be a fun cooker. There are other videos showing it being used as a smoker and grill. It is bigger than it looks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qBviP6qao8

Over
              view video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPp71ktkKtc

Comparison of wood ovens:

Last edited by Old Glory; September 10, 2021, 07:00 AM.

Comment

• Troutman
                Troutman commented
                Editing a comment
                Yea thanks Old Glory that was informative. But gotta agree in the final analysis, the price point is too steep compared to other offerings out there (unless price is not a consideration). Plus, if you accidently knock it over it's toast

• Old Glory
                Old Glory commented
                Editing a comment
                Troutman the BBQ game ain't cheap. I keep dreaming about Offsets and Argentinian grills...$$$$$

The Morso reminds me of a chiminia you can cook on. Would I spend $2k on one? Probably not, but it seems pretty cool and I'd love to play with one.

• Old Glory
                Old Glory commented
                Editing a comment
                Greygoose dangerous, very dangerous...lol. We will be redoing our deck and building a patio at some point and will be making space for an outdoor kitchen. A wood fired oven would be pretty cool. The Morso is versatile in that you can cook with it then put it on the ground and use it as a fire pit (Top Off) or Chiminea (Top On).
                Last edited by Old Glory; September 10, 2021, 02:32 PM.

Old Glory Or you could go with a similar oven like the one in your comparison video made by Forno Venetzia for a mere $3900!! The good news is they sell them through Home Depot so pop on down and git you one !!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Forno Venetzia Oven.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	1091771

Comment

• Old Glory
                Old Glory commented
                Editing a comment
                I liked the Bushman style. Big heavy hunk of refractory cement.

Is it pricey? Yep. But we're on a forum where we congratulate people for blowing $2k and more on LSG, MAK and the like. If someone is really into pizza, I can see going big and just getting this. For others, something like the OONI is enough. No different than people who buy a Camp Chef etc vs an LSG or MAK.

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
                ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
                Editing a comment
                Yep, no disagreement. Until the other posts showing more about it though, I was with PJ in not understanding the value.

• rickgregory
                rickgregory commented
                Editing a comment
                Bu you could say the same about an LSG pellet rig, etc. You can get pellet grills for well under $1000, why spend $2k+? We go on about steel, etc but value is in eye of the buyer.

I doubt I'll ever own a pizza oven, even an Ooni, because I don't care about cooking it that much and I have a good pizzeria a mile from me. But I have a friend with a Breville that's like $750 because he and his wife love 'za.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here