Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kettlepizza?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kettlepizza?

So while I have no doubt I am missing it, I did spend quite some time reviewing the site and forums for some mention of this kettlepizza and had no luck. Apologies to all if I missed it. Just curious if anyone has tried this thing? Online reviews seem solid but I can't find a review here. Seems there are several different versions or levels of the Kettlepizza, which uses your kettle grill to turn out some allegedly good pies. I've been grilling pizzas for over 20 years now and am always keeping an eye out for new products. I also have had the CampChef pizza top and camp stove for quite some time, but it doesn't seem to hold the higher temp anymore...and I digress. Has anyone played with this Kettlepizza contraption? Is it worth it? Thank you all.

Welcome to the pit. There’s a review on the free side: https://amazingribs.com/kettlepizza/

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Kenji Lopez-Alt is well respected around here, and here is a link to his take. If you go to Serious Eats and search for Kettlepizza, there are a number of articles.

Comment

I was given a Pizzaque which is a very similar product. While it's not the same as a more capable pizza oven, it's a lot of fun and the pizza is good.

Click image for larger version

Name:	cGZ5e2d0xFN95AAgW0d2535xnoWF_jAjSqluMNszasF3M_diX5T2Nd6zV1qb8HOJqWCs-50zLWPg8HsI5v5cBxEKpbsMVKHUEwB_TLyiYDe8kqX8jfg9yKQZlaBZJKzT6_BNSaUyCId1iW0An7kFlqoTlAUUDto35r7xsfTdloRyo1xQluWZLQgt6NUFV2QpOWyd3___jL6DZ1cO3kUr0_2mouUo7fbIbi5_NiBGq6kLHlGpy92AqriewzWPN6J
Views:	271
Size:	132.4 KB
ID:	1074816

Name:	S2OVKbBs84ycIfP-2gMhboU7EM_7nErbhhgKXKjmaXTRol-pwo_zwKeT7O9kl9s_giCbhoTFO_3OEu_Dge52vF2oOrYJJ88jEFT8dwq9QSNux5sfr_oalbZskV_RJsg-vCwXNeVLyxED1CzJj7g639htmj6NB71S28ktcevmvVb751JrMfGYI8K0H1yCNgVtS1VFrcsPu3MDWfoW9O_9iPzc-mWhe-ktBR3-yusvq8dP1Sm2q5nMPMzfaKnGGn_
Views:	248
Size:	117.4 KB
ID:	1074817

Name:	SzENp34-gvjqXEcYmB6hQAm61D3zui1ZZLC25kXb0X2V9mC8u3cpw-86_WQwxo-KeqpLxX6HSL9GBAf2cGyb4D7aXfYMztAAiiX9scoev_qiEgXATXrGhFKVduQCr8ez4__QJyV_nosfXsJ0lWbaplbxTtIfHkucFiaOsJ3qsYISX34nhRGKG17sS4Ue7jLqtPWDnKkWyLlstB69VTi0XE2D_wGftjNExS_NYnFnrQzXlodTQowbvHM_6ywqpI5
Views:	253
Size:	214.4 KB
ID:	1074818

Comment

• bbqLuv
          bbqLuv commented
          Editing a comment
          It is pictures of cooks like these that had me try a Papa Murph's on my Pellet grill.

Many thanks, both for the welcome and the info. I knew I had to be missing it. I've been around the site for some time now and am a huge fan. Thanks again.

Comment

Hello from NW Oregon.

Comment

Joey877 I am not sure what you have in your kettle arsenal, but I've made some really really good "wood fired" pizza on my Weber Performer, without a Kettle Pizza, by following the directions over at SNSgrills.com:

Get a delicious wood-fired pizza at home using your kettle and Slow ‘N Sear.

And Meathead has some good instructions here:

I use a Lodge cast iron pizza pan instead of a stone (we had one long ago, and I cracked it!). I also elevate my pizza using a Hover Grill (made by the Kettle Pizza folk). By cracking the lid the way the SNS folk discuss, I can get the dome thermometer temperature up between 500 and 600 degrees, and a pizza takes 8-10 minutes tops, rotating it a quarter turn every couple of minutes.

Name:	IMG_1562.jpeg
Views:	223
Size:	221.8 KB
ID:	1075312Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1570.jpeg
Views:	219
Size:	193.6 KB
ID:	1075311Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1611.jpeg
Views:	251
Size:	196.7 KB
ID:	1075310

Comment

• Spinaker
              Spinaker commented
              Editing a comment
              That Lodge pan is great, I love mine.

• jfmorris
              jfmorris commented
              Editing a comment
              Spinaker I may need to re-season mine, as I got it up well over 700 degrees before taking the pizza out to the SNS Kamado last time. I scorched the crust on the first pizza before I got the cooker down to 600 degrees. We just ate the toppings off that pizza...

• Spinaker
              Spinaker commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah, that will happen! It should be fine though. jfmorris

Thanks again. I definitely have the equipment to try your suggestion, and will do so this weekend!

Comment

• jfmorris
              jfmorris commented
              Editing a comment
              Good luck! Let us know how it goes, and don't forget to take a picture to share.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here