Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pizza Oven for a Gas Grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pizza Oven for a Gas Grill

Does anyone have any experience with this gas grill accessories pizza oven? I'm thinking of ordering one.

Anxiously waiting your review

Comment

• bbqLuv
      bbqLuv commented
      Editing a comment
      Ditto

I didn't know this was a thing until now, but looks like a bunch of companies are making and selling similar gadgets for gas grills. I see more reviews for the ones from the KettlePizza folk, but it appears to be constructed in much the same way - just costs more for their brand. I take it you leave the lid of the gas grill up while using these, as otherwise the analog thermometer on top would probably get damaged.

Comment

• Dewesq55
      Dewesq55 commented
      Editing a comment
      On one of the other similar ones it specifically says to leave the lid open. This one doesn't come with a stone but I have several already. Since posting this I ordered it. I got it "cheap" since I had a gift card on my Amazon account. It's not coming for a month though. To get it from a Prime seller was 12% more and I can wait.

Seems like it would be better if it had stone on top and a stone on the bottom.

Comment

• Dewesq55
      Dewesq55 commented
      Editing a comment
      Not sure about that. I guess I'll see. For the $50 it cost me I can hardly go wrong. There's probably a learning curve like with most new equipment.

The one thing you get from the reviews it's that you have to pre-heat it sufficiently long to get both the stone and air temps high enough - about 600° which is good for NY style pizza, which is what I make.
    Last edited by Dewesq55; August 5, 2021, 10:50 AM.

Comment

You should consider this one instead IMO.

Create perfect brick oven style pizza on the grill in less than 5 minutes with our highly rated Bakerstone grill insert. Read our review. Bakerstone is a steel box that sits on a gas grill with the lid up. It is lined with cordierite and it has a simple airflow system that actually helps cook the top properly similar to a pizza oven.

Comment

• jfmorris
        jfmorris commented
        Editing a comment
        I like that. I think the ceramic design could help it retain heat well.

Originally posted by Dewesq55 View Post
      The one thing you get from the reviews it's that you have to pre-heat it sufficiently long to get both the stone and air temps high enough - about 600° which is good for NY style pizza, which is what I make.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Resizer_16273580714630.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	349.3 KB
ID:	1073035

Name:	Resizer_16273580714631.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	278.4 KB
ID:	1073034

Name:	Resizer_16273580714632.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	446.5 KB
ID:	1073036

Comment

• Dewesq55
        Dewesq55 commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks great. But I cook pizza at 550°F (max temp) in my indoor gas oven and they come out pretty good. I'm thinking another 50-100° will be even better and a bit faster. Plus it won't heat up the kitchen in the summer. I like that the one I ordered is adjustable to length. It should let me capture the heat from all of the burners inside the "oven."

If you can go hotter you can dabble in the different styles of pizza.

Name:	20180226_190610.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	1073055

Name:	20190212_185922.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	165.4 KB
ID:	1073056

Name:	20190706_151013.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	160.0 KB
ID:	1073057

Name:	20200428_191038.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	149.7 KB
ID:	1073058

Comment

• Dewesq55
        Dewesq55 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, but I never said it would to it at 500-550. I think it will go at least to 600-650. Several reviewers said they can get it there or even higher. For $50 I couldn't NOT buy it.

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        I didn't realize it was $50 I thought it was $114. Probably worth a go for $50. That kettle attachment I have at the cabin I got for free and for that price it was definitely worth it.

• Dewesq55
        Dewesq55 commented
        Editing a comment
        It was $100 but I had a gift card so it only cost me $50.

IMO, it looks like $113 for some bent metal, doesn't look like much to it but I will wait for someone else with some knowledge to review.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here