Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I hemmed, I hawed, I forgot about it and finally I grabbed a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hemmed, I hawed, I forgot about it and finally I grabbed a

KBQ!!!

Years ago I was jonesing for a stick burner. LSG to be precise. But for one reason or another I didn’t pull the trigger.

Recently we started a rebuild of our garage and full back yard renovation. I felt a new cooker for the new back yard was only fair.

I love my Primo so I was thinking about going all in w a Komodo Kamado. Still thinking about that. But it’s a yuge nut. In my mind that would need to be tied to a serious sales goal.

Recently I came back to reading The Pit - I took a break from all social media in 2020 - and started reading that damned The KBQ has landed. About 60 pages in and the ballgame was over. I knew what I wanted. Actually I have to thank EdF. He planted the KBQ seed about 1.5 years ago. I poo pooed it bc I was so fixated on an off set. Well that seed grew and grew.

So I knew what I wanted and figured in 2 months when the work is done, and I actually had a place to store it, I’d be calling Bill Karu. Well, you know what they say about mice and men...

Next thing I know a Pit member in NJ was selling his and today I became a proud owner of a slightly used KBQ. AND he threw in 5 milk crates of wood AND a Fireboard. Only bad part is I’m not sure when I’ll be able to use it. There is literally nowhere to put it outside bc of all the construction mess. Ah well.

I sort of feel like I did when I started watching The Wire 10 years after it was originally on. The hoopla has died down a little but I finally got one!!

Click image for larger version  Name:	89FDDCFE-BA2A-4068-B552-554E92B43591.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	2.81 MB ID:	996929Click image for larger version  Name:	A2C8094B-8551-4C99-9812-2586621C0670.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	3.77 MB ID:	996930
    Last edited by JCBBQ; February 28, 2021, 11:54 AM.

Congratulations!

Comment

Wow! Good for you. Just clear out a space and go for it, you know you want to.

Comment

Congrats JC! When do you expect your project to be done, so you can fire it up?

Comment

• JCBBQ
          JCBBQ commented
          Editing a comment
          Based on the delays we keep having probably right around the next Presidential election 🙄. Probably in 2 months. 🤷‍♂️

I think Primo and KBQ is a hell of a good combo. Pretty much nothing I can’t cook w those two.

Comment

Congrats, jealous over here for sure.

Comment

Happy days ahead. Congratulations.

Comment

Awesome Eric. Hmm never remember if it’s with a c or k. 🤦🏼
              Anyway congrats my friend. We will talk soon. 👊👊

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                with a 'k'

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                Dain Bread lol! Steve B

• Steve B
                Steve B commented
                Editing a comment
                So true Mr. Bones Maybe some day I can get it going again. Not sure though. It’s pretty far gone. 🙄🤪

Congrats!
              I'm going to see if my wife will let me put a port-a-john in my yard!

Comment

• JCBBQ
                JCBBQ commented
                Editing a comment
                Lol...I guess my wife got tired of me pissing on her plants. Actually she insisted on that. Lol no way she was gonna allow the guys working into the guest bathroom.

• ComfortablyNumb
                ComfortablyNumb commented
                Editing a comment
                I have a porta potty. It's disguised to look like an apple tree....

Congratulations!! Wait... is that weebae I see?

Comment

• JCBBQ
                JCBBQ commented
                Editing a comment
                Lol

Congrats. That would be at the top of my list, but I'm not willin' to tend a fire anymore...

Comment

• JCBBQ
                JCBBQ commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah, I’m definitely not going to be using this for every cook. Gotta try a brisket in there though. Even if it kills me.

Very nice. Congratulations!

Comment

Congrats on the score; I'm excited to see it in action!

Comment

I love finding a good deal on slightly used BBQ equipment, that's a great score!

Comment

JCBBQ I am so glad you jumped on this as quickly as you did. I was going back and forth and then it was gone. I know i would have enjoyed it but i also know i would have been chiding myself for spending the money right now (never mind what the wife would say). I also know i probably wouldnt actually use it anywhere near as much as i was telling myself i would...that part wouldnt have stopped me though.

Congrats on the new cooker.

Comment

• JCBBQ
                      JCBBQ commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks Grant! Yeah I think I was ready. I kinda knew as soon as I saw the post that I was going pull the trigger. The fact that he drove it up to me didn’t hurt either. Where in NJ are you?

• grantgallagher
                      grantgallagher commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Im central, just south of new brunswick/rutgers area.

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here